Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, slow smothered pork chops. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have slow smothered pork chops using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Smothered Pork Chops-
- Get 5 pd large bone in assorted pork chops (deboned)
- Get 1 onion
- Prepare 1 bell pepper
- Take 6 cloves garlic
- Take 1 jalapeno
- Take 2 stalks celery
- Get 3 large carrots
- Prepare 2 pds baby red potatoes
- Take to taste Salt and pepper
- Take 1 teaspoon each of garlic and onion powder
- Make ready 1 teaspoon coriander
- Take 3 knorr chicken bouillon cubes
- Take 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Get 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- Make ready 1 tbsp corn starch (optional)
Instructions to make Slow Smothered Pork Chops-
- If you are cooking for little ones you may want to debone the pork chops because there are some little and sharp bones in the meat. After deboning, save the bigger bones to cook with the meal for added flavor.
- In small bowl mix cajun seasoning, smoked paprika and some of your salt and pepper. generously rub on each side of pork chops
- Heat a little bit of oil in Dutch oven or any heavy, large pot. Add meat. Do not over crowd the pot, you may need to brown in batches, mine took two. Get a nice brown sear on each side and in bottom of the pan. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and celery. saute for a few minutes until they take on the color of the sear and are translucent.
- Add pork chops back to the pot, add remaining seasonings. Add enough water to cover the meat about an inch. Stir all together well, bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low boil for 1 1/2 hours.
- Then add carrots and potatoes, cover and simmer for another 30 to 45 minutes.
- If you want a thicker broth, mix cornstarch with some cold water and add to pot. Let it cook for a few more minutes to thicken.
You should have a number of superfoods in your diet everyday. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Then, try to add a few green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, along with a variety of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Moreover, you have to have yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. When you eat these superfoods regularly, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems. You will enjoy good health when you choose to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body is likely to be free of disease. You can expect to have a healthy future by altering your food choices now.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food slow smothered pork chops recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!