Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, tomatillo braised pork loin. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook tomatillo braised pork loin using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin-
- Get 3 lb pork loin
- Get 2 jars Frontera Tomatillo Salsa
- Take 64 oz chicken stock
- Make ready 2 tbsp onion powder
- Make ready 2 tbsp garlic powder
- Get 2 tbsp paprika
- Take 2 tbsp ground coriander seed
- Get 1 tbsp roasted ground cumin
- Get 1 tbsp dried Mexican oregano
- Take 1 tbsp orange peel seasoning
- Take 1 tbsp ground white pepper
- Get 1 tbsp ground ancho chile
- Take 1 salt
- Get 1 vegetable oil; as needed
Instructions to make Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin-
- Heat vegetable oil in a large roasting pan. Toss pork loin with enough oil to cover. Season with dried spices.
- Saute pork with fat side down. After approximately 3-5 minutes on medium heat the pork loin should have a nice sear. Turn over and repeat to the other side. The pork loin will not be fully cooked after searing both sides! Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add chicken stock. Scrape up any brown bits with a wooden spoon. Once the fond is incorporated, return the pork loin back to the pot. Pour salsa over pork. The liquid level should not exceed the height of the pork loin.
- If the liquid is higher than the pork loin, remove pork loin and reduce liquid before returning pork back to the pan.
- Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for approximately one hour or until pork is tender and cooked to desired level of doneness.
- Variations; Tequila, apple cider, tamarind, epazote, cilantro, fresh mirepoix, potatoes, garlic bulbs, celery root, mustard
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food tomatillo braised pork loin recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!