Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, creamy pesto pasta with chicken, asparagus & brocolli. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
We love creamy Alfredo pastas like our Chicken Alfredo or Creamy Shrimp Pasta. The addition of fresh asparagus–which is cooked in the same pot as the pasta–brightens up the look and the flavors of this family-friendly and easy one-pot dinner.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook creamy pesto pasta with chicken, asparagus & brocolli using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Pesto Pasta With Chicken, Asparagus & Brocolli-
- Take 150 g pasta (dried weight),
- Get 2 chicken thighs, skins & bones removed, fat trimmed,
- Take Around 8 spears of asparagus, ends trimmed off, chopped,
- Make ready Some florets of brocolli, around 150g worth,
- Take 4 tbsp reduced fat pesto,
- Make ready 3 tbsp fat free quark or Greek yogurt,
- Prepare 1/2 reduced salt chicken stock cube, in 250ml boiled water,
- Get 1/2 tsp dried thyme,
- Take Salt and pepper to season
- Prepare Spray cooking oil
- Prepare To serve-
- Get Grated Parmigianino Reggiano cheese (optional)
Instructions to make Creamy Pesto Pasta With Chicken, Asparagus & Brocolli-
- Begin to cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Meanwhile heat a large high sided frying pan up over a medium heat. Add in some oil and once hot add in the chicken thigh, (cut it into small bite sized pieces). Brown off the chicken and season with pepper and add the dried thyme. Stir together. Add in the stock. Bring to a simmer.
- After simmering the chicken for around 3-4 minutes add in the chopped florets of brocolli and asparagus. Continue to simmer gently until the water begins to reduce down. Once the pasta is cooked drain it off and set aside.
- Once the water in the frying pan has reduced down by around 95%, (so there's not much left), add in the drained pasta and stir together gently. Remove from the heat.
- Add in the pesto and stir through. Then add in the quark/Greek yogurt and combine until a creamy green sauce is created that coats all the ingredients.
- Season with a little more salt and pepper to taste, serve up and grate over some cheese. Enjoy! -)
These changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. If you presently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
Chicken Pesto Pasta is a quick, easy and creamy pasta loaded with juicy chicken and tender asparagus!. We love creamy Alfredo pastas like our Chicken Alfredo or Creamy Shrimp Pasta. Pesto pasta takes a cream sauce to the next level! The addition of fresh asparagus–which is cooked in the same pot as the pasta–brightens up the look and the flavors of this family-friendly and easy one-pot dinner. Fresh basil, if you have it on hand, is a nice finishing touch. A few days ago, I posted my recipe for vegan basil pesto. Pesto can be eaten in a million different ways, but one of my favorite ways to use it is in this recipe for Pesto Pasta with Chicken, Asparagus and Peas. This meal is simple enough to make on a weeknight (especially if you make the pesto a day or so ahead of time), but it tastes and looks like a lot of work. While the chicken cooks place the prepared asparagus onto the grill grates horizontally. Add the chopped chicken and asparagus to the bowl with the pasta. Add in the pesto, lemon juice and shredded romano or parmesan. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir in chicken; season with chicken seasoning, salt and pepper. Add cream, cooked pasta and asparagus; stir until asparagus has warmed through. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. In the same skillet, saute asparagus until crisp-tender. Stir in the cream, pesto and pepper until blended. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. This Creamy Chicken Asparagus Penne Pasta is a marvelous dinner recipe that's filled to the brim with fresh veggies and tender pasta in a light and creamy sauce. A couple weeks ago I was in Las Vegas at a conference, learning all the things, but really just wanting to eat all the things.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food creamy pesto pasta with chicken, asparagus & brocolli recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!