Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, tomatillo chicken over rice and beans. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Tomatillo Chicken over Rice and Beans is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Tomatillo Chicken over Rice and Beans is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have tomatillo chicken over rice and beans using 10 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Tomatillo Chicken over Rice and Beans-
- Get 1 cup Kidney bean
- Get 1 cup Black bean
- Make ready 2 1/2 cup Brown rice
- Make ready 4 medium Tomato
- Get 2 medium Shallot
- Take 10 medium Tomatillo
- Get 2 cup Ancho chile
- Prepare 1 Sea salt
- Take 4 medium Chicken breast
- Take 3 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
Instructions to make Tomatillo Chicken over Rice and Beans-
- Place beans and rice in separate pots of water. Bring to a boil.
- Remove beans and rice from heat, cover and let soak for one hour.
- Drain and rinse rice and beans.
- Place rice in pot with 5 cups of water. Place beans in pot with 6-8 cups of water.
- Bring both pots of water to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Tilt lids to allow vent and simmer for 60-90 minutes until desired softness is achieved.
- Note, Instant rice and canned beans may be used for this recipe to save time, but it will not be as healthy as the real deal, nor will it taste as good.
- With about 30 minutes left for the beans and rice, begin to prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Remove tomatillo husks and place tomatillos on baking sheet with ancho chiles. Roast for 20 minutes, quarter turn every 5 minutes.
- Cube chicken, dice tomatoes and shallots
- Place chicken in frying pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook thoroughly.
- Place diced tomatoes and shallots in a separate frying pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook thoroughly.
- Remove tomatillos and chiles from oven and place into a blender. Blend into a sauce. Add sea salt to taste.
- Add sauce into frying pan with chicken, turn heat to low until remaining ingredients are finished cooking.
- When rice and beans are finished cooking, drain and rinse with hot water. Place in large mixing bowl. Add shallots and tomatoes. Mix well.
- On a plate or in a bowl, scoop one cup of rice and bean mixture onto plate or into bowl. Spoon chicken and sauce over top of the rice and bean mixture.
- Enjoy! Warning- contents will be hot and delicious.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food tomatillo chicken over rice and beans recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!