Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, curd rice. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. The curd rice is easy on the stomach and tastes great with a side of. Curd rice is also known as thayir sadam or daddojanam or bagala bath in some South Indian languages.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook curd rice using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Curd rice-
- Get 2 cups Cooked Rice
- Prepare 1 cup Curd
- Prepare 1/2 cup milk
- Make ready 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- Get 1/2 teaspoon Urad Dal
- Take 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- Make ready 7-8 Curry Leaves
- Get 1 Dry Red Chilli
- Make ready 1 1/2 tablespoons Oil
- Make ready to taste Salt
Steps to make Curd rice-
- Rinse the rice in water for 3-4 times and drain excess water. Add rice, 1½ cups water and salt in a pressure cooker. Close the cooker with a lid and pressure cook the rice for 4-whistles over medium flame or until the rice turns soft.
- Heat the oil in a small tempering pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they start to splutter, add urad dal and sauté until dal turns golden brown. Add grated ginger, curry leaves and halved dry red chilli.
- Sauté for a minute. Turn off the flame and let the tempering cool at room temperature.
- Mix steamed rice and salt (only add salt if it is not added while cooking) in a bowl and mash them a bit with the backside of the spoon. Add curd. Mix them well.
- Pour milk over it. Stir with a spoon to mix well. Pour tempering mixture over it. mix properly, now curd rice is ready.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already feel that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time. Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
Curd rice is nothing but curd (yogurt) mixed with cooked rice, herbs and then tempered. Curd rice is also known as thayir sadam or daddojanam or bagala bath in some South Indian languages. Comforting Curd Rice is a popular dish from South India where soft cooked rice is mixed with yogurt and then tempered with spices. The curd rice is easy on the stomach and tastes great with a side of. Curd rice or Yogurt rice is a simple delicacy made in South India. Cooked rice is combined with curd or yoghurt and then seasoned with chilly, curry leaves. Curd rice, also called Thayir Sadam, is a dish from south India. It is considered a comfort food by many. Curd rice is usually served at the end of the meal to combat the spiciness of the dinner. What recipe is there for curd rice! This could be the thing running behind many of you, for whom it is And for this summer, we all want to beat the heat, so thought of posting curd rice virtually for you all. Curd Rice is a staple food in Tamil Nadu and in South India, especially in Brahmin familes. The meal won't end without the Thayir Sadam in the brahmin families. Curd rice is very healthy, especially. Simple Curd Rice can be prepared with steamed rice and plain curd or with additional tempering of urad dal, mustard seeds, chillies, coriander leaves and steamed rice. South Indian Curd Rice Recipe (Thayir Sadam) with step by step pictures - A perfect one pot yogurt flavored south indian rice dish tempered with spices. Curd rice from South India is creamy rice mixed with yogurt and spices. It's delicious with a pickle or chutney. Curd Rice (South Indian Yogurt Rice). Just before serving, mix all the ingredients with yogurt (curd) and milk.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food curd rice recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!