Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, spicy ham and hominy chowder. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have spicy ham and hominy chowder using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder-
- Prepare 4 oz bacon
- Take 2 diced, celery
- Prepare 1 onion, chopped
- Get 1 can hominy
- Take 1 lb cubed, ham
- Get 2 peppers, different colors
- Prepare 2 serranos
- Make ready 4 cup chicken broth
- Get 1 cilantro
- Make ready 1 savory
- Get 1 herb de provence
- Take 1 ground black pepper
- Prepare 1 seasoning salt
- Make ready 1/2 quart half and half
- Get 1 cup instant potatoes
Instructions to make Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder-
- Dice and cook bacon until slightly crisp, drain off most of the grease
- Add celery and onion, saute a couple of minutes and then add the peppers and serranos
- Once all of the vegetables are 2/3 cooked had the ham, the broth, drained hominy and seasonings. Make sure the liguid covers the other ingredients. If it does not add more broth or water.
- Once hot, add the half and half, and the instant potatoes. Depending upon the brand adjust the amount of instant potatoes.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food spicy ham and hominy chowder recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!