Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, tuna mac-and-cheese. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have tuna mac-and-cheese using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tuna Mac-and-Cheese-
- Take 2 cups whole wheat egg noodles
- Prepare 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Prepare 1/4 yellow onion, finely diced
- Prepare 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- Make ready 3/4 cup unsalted chicken broth
- Make ready 3/4 cup milk
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. each salt, pepper
- Prepare 3/4 cup frozen peas
- Prepare 3/4 cup freshly shredded cheese of choice
- Take 1 can (5 oz.) unsalted, solid albacore tuna, drained
Steps to make Tuna Mac-and-Cheese-
- Cook the egg noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions. Once it's done, drain it and toss it lightly with olive oil to prevent it from sticking. Set it aside. In the same pot, heat the butter over medium heat. Once it's melted, add the onion and cook until it's translucent, just about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook just until fragrant.
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring fairly constantly for a couple more minutes. Then slowly add in the broth and the milk while stirring to fully incorporate everything smoothly. Increase the heat to med-high. Let it come up to a low boil.
- Once it's bubbling, lower the heat back down and let it simmer until it's thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Then stir in the salt, pepper and peas. Slightly break up the tuna with a fork into large chunks and stir that in as well. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until it's melted in, then serve.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It might be that you already believe that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food tuna mac-and-cheese recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!