Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, har cheong gai | shrimp paste chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious. Shrimp Paste Chicken is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Shrimp Paste Chicken is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have har cheong gai | shrimp paste chicken using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken-
- Take 4.5 TBSP Granulated Sugar,
- Make ready 3 TBSP Lee Kum Kee's Shrimp Paste,
- Make ready 3/4 Cup Tapioca Starch,
- Take 3 TBSP Rice Flour,
- Get 3 TBSP Shao Xing / Hua Diao Wine,
- Prepare 3 TBSP Oyster Sauce,
- Take 3 TBSP Light Soy Sauce,
- Take 3 Egg Lightly Beaten,
- Make ready Pinch Sea Salt,
- Make ready Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil, For Frying
- Take Pinch White Pepper,
- Prepare 1/4 Cup Lee Kum Kee's Plum Sauce,
- Make ready 1/4 Cup Lao Gan Ma's Chili Crisp,
- Take Pinch Dried Mushroom Powder,
- Take 1 kg Chicken Flats,
Steps to make Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken-
- In a large bowl, add sugar, shrimp paste, tapioca starch, rice flour, Shao Xing wine, oyster sauce and soy sauce. - - Stir to combine well and until smooth, making sure no large lumps. - - Add in eggs, salt, pepper and mushroom powder. - - Whisk until well combined.
- Add in the chicken flats. - - Toss and coat the chicken well with the batter. - - Make sure the chicken is fully submerged in the batter.
- Cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge overnight. - - Prepare a dutch oven with 2 inches of oil over medium heat. - - To check the temperature of the oil, insert a wooden chopstick. If bubbles start to form around the chopstick, the temperature of the oil is ready for frying.
- Using a pair of tongs, gently drop the chicken into the oil away from you. - - Do not discard the marinade. - - Spoon some of the marinade over the chicken to create a crispy skirt. - - Deep fried until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat and drain off excess oil on a wire cooling rack or on a plate lined with parchment paper. - - In a small bowl, mix plum sauce and Lao Gan Ma's chili crisp well. This will be the dipping sauce. - - Serve the chicken immediately with the dipping sauce.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. While you may already consume a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemical substances. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. As you can see, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food har cheong gai | shrimp paste chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!