Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, easy chicken quesadillas. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook easy chicken quesadillas using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Chicken Quesadillas-
- Take filling
- Get 8-12 flour or corn tortillas based on size, 1 Tblspn canola oil
- Make ready 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Make ready 1/2 red onion diced
- Prepare 1 jalepeno, seeded, diced
- Get 1 lg clove garlic minced
- Take 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Get 1 (10 oz) can diced tomato with green chilis, juices reserved
- Get 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Prepare juice of 1 large lime
- Make ready 1 cup large grated sharp cheddar
- Prepare 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Prepare to taste salt
- Take cilantro cream salsa
- Get 1 cup sour cream
- Make ready juice and zest of 1 lime
- Get large handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- Make ready 1 teaspoon red chili flake
- Make ready to taste salt
Instructions to make Easy Chicken Quesadillas-
- Saute onion garlic and jalepeno in olive oil for a few minutes, add taco seasoning and stir to toast for 2-5 minutes until onions are semi translucent
- Add drained diced tomato, stir. Add shredded chicken, stir until heated through. Add tomato juices as needed for moisture
- Turn off heat on chicken mixture, cool completely. Stir in cheese. Salt to taste. Set aside.
- Blend all salsa ingredients and chill until ready to serve
- On a medium high heat add enough canola oil to just coat a skillet or griddle
- Place tortilla on skillet, top with chicken mixture leaving a 1/2 inch of room around edges for melting room, top with tortilla
- Allow first side to crisp up and get golden, flip, repeat with remaining chicken mixture and tortillas
- Allow each to cool a few minutes and slice in quarters with a pizza cutter. Enjoy with cilantro cream salsa, fresh lime wedges, and fresh chopped cilantro as a garnish
- Side note. When using acids like lime juice always salt at the end to your preference to avoid over saltiness. Also all spicy heat (peppers and chiles) and seasoning elements can be adjusted to your preference in taste
You need to include a number of superfoods in your diet everyday. Why not include several beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Don’t forget whole food grains and nuts. Be sure to include proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat the foods in this list, you will never have a weight problem again. Green living gives you a great diet plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. You will discover that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fend off disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits right now.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food easy chicken quesadillas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!