Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, potato patties. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook potato patties using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Patties-
- Prepare 300 g potatoes
- Prepare 3 knobs unsalted butter
- Get 1 banana shallot, chopped
- Prepare 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Take 40-50 g cheese of your choice, finely grated. I use very strong cheddar
- Prepare 50 g plain flour
- Get 3/4 tsp salt
- Make ready 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Make ready 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Prepare 1 egg
Steps to make Potato Patties-
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes, drain then mash them in a largish bowl with one knob of butter.
- Meanwhile, gently fry the shallot and garlic in another knob of butter, only stirring to avoid sticking, for about 4 minutes or until softened. Stir into the potato mash.
- Stir the grated cheese into the mash.
- Season the flour and stir in the smoked paprika. Sift into the mash and gently mix all together.
- Add the egg to the floured mash (easiest if you make a small hole in the centre but whatever works for you!) and, gently but thoroughly, mix it all together.
- You should now have a clump-free, pliable mixture. Form into a bowl as if you were baking and then lift onto cling-film, forming it into a Swiss roll/sausage shape.
- Put in the fridge (still wrapped) on a plate for 30 minutes (longer if that suits your convenience!).
- When you’re ready, take the “roll” out of the fridge and cut into 2.5-3 cm thick patties, other shapes if you prefer but neither too thick nor too thin. Remove from the cling film!
- Bring the final knob of butter to a medium-high heat in a frying pan and fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until a golden brown. Eat as they are or with your choice of condiments or accompaniments.
Make sure you integrate these superfoods into your daily diet. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, particularly blueberries. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole grains, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Additionally, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By consuming these superfoods daily, you should eliminate any weight gain problems. Green living gives you a solid eating plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food potato patties recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!