Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, cara's white chicken enchiladas. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have cara's white chicken enchiladas using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cara's White Chicken Enchiladas-
- Take Meats
- Take 2 lb shredded, cooked chicken. I cook breasts or tenders in a slow cooker, but any kind or method is up to you
- Get vegetable
- Take 1 can Small can Rotel, I used original. Any variety will work, depending on your level on spice desired
- Prepare 2 clove garlic, minced. Fresh or jarred is your choice. This goes in with the chicken for the slow cooker
- Get 1/2 cup chopped or sliced onion. Also for the slow cooker. If u don't want to have onion in chicken mixture, Slice large to make removal easier bit still benefiting from flavor
- Take Dairy
- Prepare 2 packages cream cheese (8oz each). I let mine sit out a few hours to get room temperature
- Make ready 1 lb Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded. Any Cheese may be used if you prefer something different
- Get 8 oz Small container of sour cream. I used only about half the container
- Get 1 cup milk
- Prepare other
- Take 1 packages white corn tortillas 20pk
- Prepare 1 salt, pepper, cumin, fajita seasoning, garlic powder. Each is to your own taste & preference. I used the seasonings for the chicken & in the sauce
- Take 3 cup chicken broth
Steps to make Cara's White Chicken Enchiladas-
- Slow cooker- Add chicken broth, onions, garlic, seasonings & chicken. Cover & cook on low 6-8 hrs or high 4 hours.
- Shred cooked chicken & reserve broth. Remove onions if desired. Place chicken in a skillet with 1/2 cup of broth to keep moisture. Simmer on low.
- In a different skillet, add remaining broth, 2 pkgs of cream cheese, 1 can rotel, 1/2 container of sour cream, 1 cup milk & 1/2 of the shredded cheese. Season as desired & keep on medium heat. Stir frequently to help cheeses melt.
- Once the sauce is completely liquid, you can test the flavor to see if more seasonings need to be added. Lower heat to simmer (low)
- Next, spoon about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of sauce over the shredded chicken. Stir & coat well. This will help keep it together when spooning in tortillas.
- Lightly coat the bottom of a 9×13 pan with sauce to prevent sticking & burning during baking.
- Dip one side of tortilla in sauce & lay that side down in baking dish. The dry side is where you will spoon the chicken. Roll up, seam side down. Repeat until you run out of space or chicken, or tortillas!
- Remaining sauce & chicken(if any) now gets poured over the enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 20 min, covered. Uncover another 10min. Let sit 10-15min before eating. This prevents the sauce from being too runny when serving. Enjoy!
Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your daily diet. To start, beans are very good, and berries, particularly blueberries. Then, try to add some green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, plus an assortment of nuts, chiefly walnuts. See to it that you consume proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By eating these superfoods daily, you should get rid of any problems with gaining weight. Adopting a green living eating plan will give you precisely what you need to become healthy and fit. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can ward off diseases. You can expect to have a healthy future by changing your food choices today.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food cara's white chicken enchiladas recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!