Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, victoria sponge cake. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have victoria sponge cake using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Victoria Sponge Cake-
- Take For Cake
- Prepare 1 . Self raising flour - 225 gm
- Make ready 2 . Caster sugar - 225 gm
- Take 3 . Eggs - 4
- Take 4 . Butter - 225 gm at room temperature
- Take 5 . Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Make ready For strawberry Jam
- Get 1 . Strawberry - 250 gm
- Prepare 2 . Granulated Sugar - 250gm
- Make ready Cream
- Take 1 . Double cream - 250 ml
- Make ready 2 . Powdered sugar - 1 tsp
Steps to make Victoria Sponge Cake-
- Preheat oven to 160 degree celcious. Grease and line two 8 inch sandwich tins. Rub a little butter around and inside of the tins and side too. Add a little flour and coat it over all the butter or you can use baking sheet too. - - 2. Break egg into mixing bowl one by one, add sugar, sifted flour, baking powder and butter. Mix then until well combined using electric hand mixer. Don't over mix.
- Divide the mixture evenly between two tin. Smooth the surface of the tin. - - 4. Bake cakes around 25 minutes in oven. The cakes are done when they're golden colour and it coming away from edges. Use thin stick to check whether it done. Let it cook completely.
- For Jam - - 1. Take of the stem of strawberry and mix with sugar and keep aside for one hour. If you are preparing cake better prepare the jam 2 hours before starting. - - 2. After one hour heat this mixture in wide pan for medium temperature. - - 3. It will start boiling once the strawberry cooked completely mash it and stir it continuously. Jam will get thicker. Once it thicken switch off the flame and let it cool completely before arrange this in cake..
- For cream - - 1. Beat double cream with powdered sugar in electric hand beater until it forms thick cream. Store this in fridge until cake get cool down if you prepare the cream before.
- Assemble - - 1. Once the cake cool down, place one cake upside down on plate and spread plenty of jam. - - 2. Over jam spread cream. Top with second cake. Top side should be up. - - 3. Sprinkle some powdered sugar ans decorate as you like.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food victoria sponge cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!