Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken and red pepper stew. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken and red pepper stew using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Red Pepper Stew-
- Get 1 chicken, weighing approximately 1.2 kg
- Make ready 100 ml olive oil, extra virgin
- Make ready 7 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Prepare 1 large red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- Prepare 100 grams jamón serrano pieces (optional)
- Prepare 2 bay leaves
- Make ready 1 tsp sugar
- Get 5 tomatoes, grated
- Prepare 200 ml white wine
- Take salt
- Prepare freshly ground black pepper
- Take 1 large onion, finely sliced
Instructions to make Chicken and Red Pepper Stew-
- Cut the chicken into pieces, leave the skin on as it'll give it a good flavour. Then season well with salt and pepper.
- Place in fridge for a few hours so the chicken absorbs the seasoning.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based pan over a high heat. Add the chicken pieces. Fry on all sides until golden brown. When done remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and in same pan and oil, fry the garlic, red pepper, onion and Jamon serrano, if using. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the bay leaves, sugar and grated tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes until the sauce have become thick and rich.
- Pour the wine and return the chicken to the pan. Leave to simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Rest for 10 minutes. Serve and Enjoy.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. If you currently are eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time. Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chicken and red pepper stew recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!