Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chinese-style korean niangao (rice cake). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chinese-Style Korean Niangao (Rice Cake) is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Chinese-Style Korean Niangao (Rice Cake) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chinese-style korean niangao (rice cake) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese-Style Korean Niangao (Rice Cake)-
- Prepare 1 pack Tube Rice Cakes (年糕) (400g)
- Prepare 1 handful Coriander
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp Crispy Chilli Oil (preferably Lao Ganma)
- Make ready 1/4 tbsp Light soy sauce
- Prepare 1/4 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Take 1/4 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- Make ready 2 tsp Honey/Golden Syrup
- Prepare 1 tsp Chilli Powder
Instructions to make Chinese-Style Korean Niangao (Rice Cake)-
- Wash the rice cakes thoroughly under the tap to remove excess starch.
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil. Add chilli powder and 1 tsp Honey/Syrup.
- Add rice cakes and boil for 3-4 minutes, or according to packaging.
- While the rice cakes are cooking, wash and finely dice a handful of coriander.
- Add the coriander to a bowl, and add the remaining ingredients for the sauce (chilli oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, 1 tsp honey/syrup) and mix thoroughly.
- Drain the rice cakes and add to the sauce.
- Mix thoroughly to ensure each rice cake is coated evenly with the sauce and coriander.
- Ready to eat! It is best to serve immediately as the rice cakes begin to stick to each other as they dry out. You may wish to adjust the amounts of each sauce ingredient to your liking.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. As you can see, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food chinese-style korean niangao (rice cake) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!