Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, cherry rhubarb cream cheese shortbread dessert bars. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. Rhubarb Cream Cheese Bars are the sweet and tart bar cookie recipes that combines the classic cream cheese flavors of cheesecake with rhubarb to make the perfect snack, dessert, or breakfast treat for the summer time. Turn these bars into a decadent dessert.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook cherry rhubarb cream cheese shortbread dessert bars using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars-
- Take For the rhubarb puree
- Get 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- Make ready 1/2 cup sugar
- Prepare 1/4 cup water
- Get For the cream cheese shortbread
- Get 5 oz low-fat cream cheese
- Make ready 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Make ready 2/3 cup sugar
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Get 1 1/3 cups flour
- Make ready For the rhubarb curd
- Take 4 eggs
- Make ready 3/4 cup sugar
- Prepare 1 cup rhubarb puree
- Make ready 1/2 can pitted, dark, sweet, cherries in heavy syrup chopped
- Take 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Prepare red dye
- Prepare 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Prepare 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Get zest of 1 lemon
- Take 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Get 1/2 cup flour
Instructions to make Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars-
- Opt for thinner, red rhubarb stalks — When choosing your rhubarb from the store or farmers market, go for the stalks that are mostly red and thinner. These stalks will be sweeter than the thick green ones.
- In a medium pot, combine chopped rhubarb, sugar, and water and heat over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the rhubarb is completely broken down. Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Turn mixer to low speed and incorporate flour. Press dough firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish, spreading evenly to the edges. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the shortbread is cooking, make the rhubarb curd! In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients except for the flour. Here is also where I added the cherries and brown sugar. Use as much red dye as you’d like, and remember that the color will fade a bit during cooking. Once mixed, whisk in the flour.
- Pour the rhubarb curd on top of the cream cheese shortbread, then bake for an additional 20 minutes to set the rhubarb.
- Cool bars for at least 4 hours in fridge.
- Then cut and top with powdered sugar! Serve & Enjoy!
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already believe that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
Creamy rhubarb filling is flanked top and bottom by a caramel-like crumbly mixture. Turn these bars into a decadent dessert. Serve larger squares on dessert plates drizzled with caramel sauce, then add soft whipped cream and an edible flower to dazzle guests. Rhubarb Cream Cheese Bars are the sweet and tart bar cookie recipes that combines the classic cream cheese flavors of cheesecake with rhubarb to make the perfect snack, dessert, or breakfast treat for the summer time. Serve these at any summer party or celebration where there is a crowd of. These Cherry Cream Cheese Bars are the perfect dessert for celebrating a special, but also easy enough to be your new everyday favorite. Once the whole thing is cooled, these Cherry Cream Cheese Bars get a drizzle of confectioners' sugar glaze for a finished sweet touch. A nice rhubarb dessert with a buttery crust, a rhubarb layer, a baked cream cheese layer, and a sour cream layer. A very easy, rich, rhubarb cheesecake bar. These bars combines the velvety richness of cheesecake with fresh tangy rhubarb for a delicious dessert that everyone will love. Beat cream cheese, white sugar, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. In fact, this is Mom's rhubarb strawberry pie recipe with cherries instead. These Rhubarb Cream Cheese Bars are easy to make and so delicious. The perfect combination of sweet and tart, this rhubarb dessert is great for sharing! Everyone immediately liked its sweet and tart combo. And I appreciate that it has just enough cream cheese to impart creamy decadence, but. Whipped cream, cream cheese and shortbread. This recipe for rhubarb is a perfect potluck dish or holiday dessert. Our rhubarb shortbread bars are a delicious tray bake that serves as a great party dessert. They are soft and creamy with a slightly tart ribbon running throughout the.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food cherry rhubarb cream cheese shortbread dessert bars recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!