Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, cheese enchiladas with red chile sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook cheese enchiladas with red chile sauce using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cheese Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce-
- Take 2 tsp Canola oil
- Get 1 clove Garlic minced
- Make ready 1/2 cup Mild to medium New Mexican Chile Powder (can use hot but reduce the amount unless you prefer hot)
- Prepare 2 cup Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
- Get 1 cup Water
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano (Mexican if available)
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Salt
- Take 2 tbsp Plain Yoghurt (I use Greek)
- Take 12 6 inch Corn Tortillas
- Make ready 2 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- Get 3/4 cup White Onion, minced
- Get 1 Chicken, Beef, Pork (optional)
- Prepare 1 can Pinto Beans (15 oz), drained and rinsed
Instructions to make Cheese Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce-
- To prepare the sauce, heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup onion, cook, stirring until it begins to soften. Stir in garlic and and continue cooking until the onion is translucent. Stir in Chile powder. Add broth, water, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until reduced by about one third. The sauce should be thick enough to coat a spoon lightly.
- Preheat oven to 400?. Coat a 7x11 inch or similar baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mash the pinto beans and combine with yoghurt.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the sauce in the baking dish. Arrange 4 tortillas, overlapping to cover the bottom. Top with half the bean mixture, spread thinly. Scatter 2/3 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons onions on top of the beans. If using meat, add here. Top with one third of the remaining sauce, 4 tortillas the remaining bean mixture, 2/3 cup of cheese and remaining onion. Spread half of the remaining sauce on top and cover with remaining 4 tortillas. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
You should have several superfoods in your diet daily. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, in particular blueberries. Next, add a few veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are a few other essentials. Furthermore, you may want to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you consume these superfoods regularly, you should not have to worry about any problems with gaining weight. Green living offers you a good eating plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be better, and your body is likely to be free of disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits right now.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food cheese enchiladas with red chile sauce recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!