Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, enchiladas - red or white sauce. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Enchiladas - Red or White Sauce is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Enchiladas - Red or White Sauce is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have enchiladas - red or white sauce using 22 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Enchiladas - Red or White Sauce-
- Prepare TIP- Leftover chicken works great!
- Make ready 5 Chicken breasts and/or thighs.
- Get 15-18 corn tortillas
- Make ready 1 cup diced green onion
- Take 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Take 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- Take Creamy White Sauce
- Prepare 3 tbsp butter
- Make ready 1 tsp flour
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- Make ready 2 cups milk
- Make ready 2 tsp onion powder
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt or to taste
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- Get 1 tsp chili powder
- Take 1 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Make ready 1 large or 2 small tomatoes, diced and set aside
- Make ready 1 jalepeno, diced small and set aside
- Get 2/3 cup bell pepper diced and set aside
- Make ready 2/3 cup Red onion diced and set aside
- Get 1 cup Sour cream
Instructions to make Enchiladas - Red or White Sauce-
- Preheat oven to 350. Heat olive oil in skillet on med-high. Season chicken in hot pan. Sear chicken to brown then cover and turn down heat to low-med turning periodically.
- Meanwhile in a measuring cup wisk together the flour and half of the milk, this prevents lumps. In a large saucepan melt better and pour in milk mixture and stir frequently on low-med heat.
- Once it thickens continue to wisk and add chicken broth, the seasonings and remaining milk.
- Continue to stir periodically for 10 min. It will begin to simmer.
- When chicken is done, place on a cookie sheet or platter to cool. When cooled shred the chicken
- Stir in the pepper jack cheese and diced vegetables. Cook on low stirring periodically should be thickened some again.
- Stir in sour cream. Taste for any seasoning adjustments you want to make. If sauce is not thickened wisk together a bit more flour in a small amount of milk and add to sauce. Stir on med. Heat and it will thicken. You don't want it too thick, it will also thicken some in the oven.
- In a glass 9x11 pan place a little sauce in the bottom. Using tongs place tortilla in the sauce covering it completely until softened to roll up.
- Drain sauce from tortilla then place the tortilla in the pan, put some shredded chicken and cheddar cheese on tortilla and roll up till snug.
- Repeat for all the tortillas, placing them close together.
- Cover all the tortillas with the remaining sauce and top with the remaining cheddar cheese and green onions. Bake for 20 minutes.
- If tortillas are not mostly covered in sauce cover the pan while baking. ENJOY!
Make sure you integrate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, particularly blueberries. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Include whole food grains and nuts. Be sure to eat proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t have to worry about gaining weight again. Observing a green living eating plan will give you just what you need for good health. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system improves. You can anticipate a healthy future by changing your food choices now.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food enchiladas - red or white sauce recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!