Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, baked chiles relleno w/tortilla enchilada sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Baked Chiles Relleno w/Tortilla Enchilada Sauce is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Baked Chiles Relleno w/Tortilla Enchilada Sauce is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook baked chiles relleno w/tortilla enchilada sauce using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Baked Chiles Relleno w/Tortilla Enchilada Sauce-
- Take Chiles Relleno
- Prepare 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Get 1/2 Vidalia Onion (diced)
- Get 1 large Jalapeño Pepper (diced)
- Make ready 1 dash Salt
- Take 1 lb Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage (removed from casings)
- Get 6 medium Anaheim Peppers
- Prepare 1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare Tortilla Enchilada Sauce
- Get 5 cup Water (boiling)
- Get 5 large Dried Guajillo Peppers
- Get 1 cup Cucumber (sliced)
- Make ready 2 clove Garlic
- Prepare 1 tbsp Honey
- Prepare 2 cup Tortilla Chips
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- Take 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp Salt
Instructions to make Baked Chiles Relleno w/Tortilla Enchilada Sauce-
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Cut off the tops of the Anaheim peppers and slice lengthwise down the center to create an opening on one side. Line side-by-side in a baking dish. Blind bake them at 500°F for about 10-15 minutes to help start softening.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, onions, jalapeño, and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes or until onions and jalapeño start to soften. Add turkey sausage and break up. Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring often until meat is no longer pink.
- In a blender, add dried guajillo peppers, water, garlic, and cucumber. Let steep for 20 minutes. Once steeped, pour out all but 1 1/2 cups of the water. Add remaining sauce ingredients and blend 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- Fill Anaheim peppers with sausage mixture until full.
- Pass the sauce through a strainer to remove bits of unblended pepper and tortilla chips. Top filled peppers evenly with sauce.
- Bake in a 500°F oven for 15 minutes. Top evenly with cheddar and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food baked chiles relleno w/tortilla enchilada sauce recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!