Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, stuffed_grape_leaves_with_rice_and_meat. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Stuffed Grape Leaves are popular in several Mediterranean countries and in the Middle East. The Lebanese and the Egyptian use beef.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook stuffed_grape_leaves_with_rice_and_meat using 13 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Stuffed_grape_leaves_with_rice_and_meat-
- Get Rice filling ingredients-
- Make ready 3 cups egyptian rice
- Make ready 500 grams minced meat
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon 7 spices
- Take 1 teaspoon salt
- Make ready Boiling grape leaves-
- Get 1 kg grape leaves pressed
- Prepare Ingredients, needed to cook the stuffed grape leaves-
- Prepare 2 kgs of lamb boned meat (Lamb Neck, lamb rack, meat slices,..
- Take 500 g lamb sliced Leah
- Make ready 2 cups lemon juice
- Make ready 1 tablespoon salt
- Take suitable quantity of water to cover the whole stuffed wrapped
Instructions to make Stuffed_grape_leaves_with_rice_and_meat-
- Filling preparation- - wash and drain the rice very well.
- Add the minced meat, 7 spices and salt.
- Mix ingredients well, until all has combined
- Boiling Grape leaves-soak grape leaves in a wide container, for no less than 5 hours, changing the water continuously, to rinse off extra salt.
- Wrapping grape leaves- - place grape leaves on a soft surface (tray,plate etc) add a suitable quantity of rice filling in the centre of the leaf
- Pinch or trim off any long or tough stems. Fold bottom sections of leaf over mixture, fold over sides, and roll toward the top of the leaf into a firm cylinder.
- Repeat with the remaining grape leaves and filling.
- Cooking preparation- - - Wash meat, Leah, bones then bring to boil to get rid of extra fats and foam.
- Wash meat again
- In a wide pot, put the meat first, add a pinch of 7 spices and salt.
- Layer the grape leaves in a row around the pot, in a presentable order.
- Add salt and lemon juice.
- Cover with water. Place a heavy weight on top and cover the pot.
- Put on medium heat till boiling.
- When boiled, lower the heat and leave for no less than 12 hours, check continuously the quantity of water.
- Before turning off the stove, take off the cover and the heavy weight. Allow the grape leaves to toast a little.
- Turn the pot of grape leaves in an appropriate dish. Serve hot.
- Chefs tip- - If grape leaves are fresh, cook for 7 hours.
- By- Bara'a Choughari
These sorts of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already believe that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
Dolmathakia me Kima- Stuffed Grape Leaves With Meat and Rice. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) These bundles of meat and rice wrapped in rolled grape leaves are a favorite dish in Greece. Stuffed Grape Leaves are popular in several Mediterranean countries and in the Middle East. It has different names depending on the region. The Lebanese and the Egyptian use beef. In Turkey and Iran their basis is more rice than meat. I've also seen versions with raisins, walnuts, pine nuts. Snip fresh grape leaves off the vine and try and find medium sized ones, about the size of your palm. Do you stuff it with meat or keep it vegetarian? Greek stuffed grape leaves, commonly called domas, are a fresh and healthy finger food that is also popular in Turkey, the Middle East and the Balkans. Use plain water or vegetable broth. Greek Grape Leaves Stuffed with Rice and Herbs (Dolmadakia). Dolmadakia, the Greek word for dolmas, is one of the most iconic recipes of Greek cuisine and, although there are many varieties, the meatless version is the most common. In the warmer months, try to find and use fresh grape leaves. Dolmas Stuffed Grape Leaves - filled with a mixture of rice, onions, meat and spices. Caucasian dolma is a dish of grape leaves and rice with meat. These are grape leaves, stuffed with a tantalizing mixture of rice, fresh dill, mint and lemon. Most of them have meat, and I was looking for a vegetarian version. I used a vegetable broth instead When I made the stuffed grape leaves I added a handful of toasted pine nuts, and that gave it a bit of extra lift. These Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves are a Mediterranean classic recipe made with short grain rice, parsley, tomatoes and onions - my favorite appetizer! Download this image now with a free trial.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food stuffed_grape_leaves_with_rice_and_meat recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!