Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, shumai dumplings and okowa rice in one rice cooker. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shumai Dumplings and Okowa Rice in One Rice Cooker is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Shumai Dumplings and Okowa Rice in One Rice Cooker is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shumai dumplings and okowa rice in one rice cooker using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shumai Dumplings and Okowa Rice in One Rice Cooker-
- Prepare 700 grams For the okowa rice-
- Take 360 ml Sweet or mochi rice
- Get 2 pieces Fall salmon (fresh or lightly salt-cured)
- Make ready 1 Edamame (peeled)
- Get 2 tbsp ○ Sake
- Make ready 2 tbsp ○ Soy sauce
- Make ready 2 tbsp ○ Mirin
- Take 1/2 tsp ○ Sesame oil
- Get 170 ml ○ Water
- Make ready 1 *Lettuce
- Prepare 7 dumplings For the sweet rice shumai (siumai) dumplings-
- Take 90 ml Sweet or mochi rice
- Take 230 grams Ground pork
- Prepare 1/3 Onion (finely chopped)
- Prepare 2 to 3 Dried shiitake mushrooms (finely chopped)
- Take 1 Lotus root (finely chopped)
- Take 1 piece Ginger (finely chopped)
- Make ready 1 Green onion (finely chopped)
- Get 1/2 tsp ● Sesame oil
- Make ready 1 tsp ● Oyster sauce
- Get 1/2 tsp ● Soy sauce
- Prepare 1/3 tsp ● Salt
- Take 1 tbsp ● Sake
Steps to make Shumai Dumplings and Okowa Rice in One Rice Cooker-
- Divide the sweet (mochi) rice into the okowa and shumai dumpling portions. Soak each in water for 30 minutes, then drain.
- Put the okowa portion of the rice and the ○ flavoring ingredients in the rice cooker bowl. Place the salmon (skin and bones removed and flaked) on top with the edamame, even out the surface and cover with a layer of lettuce.
- (The lettuce will be chopped and mixed into the okowa rice after cooking.)
- Put the ground pork and all the ● ingredients in a bowl, and knead and mix until sticky. Add the chopped vegetables and mix in. Form into round balls.
- Coat the balls with the dumpling portion of the soaked rice. Place the dumplings on top of the lettuce, and switch the rice cooker on. (If your cooker has a 'mixed rice' or 'okowa' setting, use that. Otherwise use the regular setting.)
- Use this method to cook various things in a rice cooker. I tend to vary the flavorings for both the okowa and dumplings a lot.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently are consuming a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food shumai dumplings and okowa rice in one rice cooker recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!