Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, pastelòn de amarillo (sweet plantain dish). One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pastelòn de amarillo (sweet plantain dish) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pastelòn De Amarillo (Sweet Plantain Dish)-
- Make ready 2 1/2 lb Ground meat
- Get 2 tbsp Sofrito (optional)
- Make ready 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Prepare 1 small chopped onion (which ever you prefer)
- Make ready 1/2 chopped red pimiento
- Get 1/2 chopped green pepper
- Get 4 tbsp sliced olives
- Take 8 oz Spaghetti sauce (leave a little for finish topping)
- Take 1 packages shredded mozzarella cheese
- Get 1 packages shredded cheddar cheese
- Take 8 piece Platano Maduro Sweet Plantain
- Prepare 1 stick margarine
- Prepare Canola cooking spray (whichever you prefer)
Instructions to make Pastelòn De Amarillo (Sweet Plantain Dish)-
- Put your 2 1/2 pounds of meat to cook on medium heat until browned.
- Once the meat is cooked discard the oil that the meat released. Add the 2 tablespoons of sofrito, and all your seasonings until your preference. Add your spaghetti sauce.Turn off when done.
- Peel and cut the 8 piece of sweet plantains into pieces. Put to boil until cooked. Once cooked strain. You would now need a potatoe masher or a fork. In bowl start to mash the sweet plantains adding one tablespoons of butter at a time.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Take your glass dish and spray with cooking spray. Start to add a layer of sweet plantain using half of your plantains. On top of that add your cooked and seasoned ground meat. Add the last layer of sweet plantains. Spread the sauce you have left. Then top using your shredded mozarella cheese and cheddar cheese.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. Although you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food pastelòn de amarillo (sweet plantain dish) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!