Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, beef stroganoff. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have beef stroganoff using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Stroganoff-
- Get 500-600 g Beef Steaks *thinly sliced into strips
- Prepare 1 Large Onion *sliced
- Get 8 Mushroom (about 300g) *sliced
- Prepare 1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
- Take 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- Take 1 tablespoon Butter
- Get 2 tablespoons Plain Flour
- Take 1-2 teaspoons Ground Paprika
- Get 1 cup Beef Stock (OR Water 1 cup and Beef Stock Cube 1)
- Prepare 100-125 ml Sour Cream
- Take Salt & Cracked Pepper
- Take Freshly cooked Rice, Pasta or Mashed Potato to serve
Steps to make Beef Stroganoff-
- Heat Canola Oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook Beef strips until browned. Transfer cooked Beef to a bowl or plate so that you can cook vegetables separately next.
- Add Butter to the pan. Cook Onion and Garlic until softened. Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Return the Beef to the pan. Add Flour and Paprika and cook for a minute. Then add Beef Stock (or Water and Beef Stock Cube).
- Bring it to the boil. Check the flavour and add Salt if needed. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in sour cream and it’s done.
- Serve with freshly cooked rice, pasta or mashed potato and a plenty of Cracked Pepper.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. It may be that you already believe that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. As you can see, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food beef stroganoff recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!