Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, shortcut chicken pot pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shortcut Chicken Pot Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Shortcut Chicken Pot Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shortcut chicken pot pie using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shortcut Chicken Pot Pie-
- Prepare 1 lb chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- Prepare 16 oz Normandy or California Blend frozen vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
- Take 1 each potato, large
- Take 1 cup milk
- Get 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Get 1 can cream of broccoli soup
- Prepare 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Take 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- Get 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Get 2 can refrigerated biscuits
- Get 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Steps to make Shortcut Chicken Pot Pie-
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts to skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- Cut chicken into bite size cubes and set aside. *You can also opt to cut up and then cook the already - cubed chicken. I just find the chicken juicier when cooked whole.
- Wash, peel, and cut potato into cubes. Microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Cook cubed potatoes and frozen veggies on stovetop according to package directions. Add some extra water and extra time in order to accommodate the addition of the potatoes (dont overcook…you want your potatoes tender and firm). Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine soups, milk, thyme, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add veggies and chicken to soup mixture and gently mix together.
- Spread evenly in a 4 quart baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until it begins to bubble. Remove dish from oven and stir.
- Open biscuits and arrange on top of casserole. Bake another 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Optionally, if you want a nicer presentation, you can opt to cut each biscuit into quarters before placing them on top of the casserole, cutting almost, but not all the way through the biscuit's bottom.
- *** Modified recipe that originates from Campbell's "Fabulous One-Dish Recipes" cookbook (1992) ***
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already consume a lot of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. As you can see, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food shortcut chicken pot pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!