Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, old fashion sponge cake. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
I used lemon juice instead of vinegar. The Best Old Fashioned Sponge Cake - A basic yet versatile sponge cake recipe that become the basis for many different desserts, trifles or dessert cakes.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook old fashion sponge cake using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Old fashion sponge cake-
- Make ready 75 g vegetable oil
- Get 110 g cake flour
- Get 2 tbs cocoa powder
- Make ready 75 g Orange Juice
- Prepare 15 g golden syrup
- Make ready 6 yolks
- Take 1/4 tsp salt
- Take 6 egg whites
- Get 120 g -150g sugar (I use 100g and decorated with icing sugar)
- Make ready 1/8 tsp cream of tartar (optional)
- Make ready Line the base of an 8″ round pan and grease the sides (can use spring form pan)
Instructions to make Old fashion sponge cake-
- Heat oil in a saucepan on low fire until just simmering. If you have a thermometer it’s around 65oC ~70oC.
- Remove and immediately add the flour and stir with a whisk until smooth. Add syrup, orange juice, salt. Stir to combine. Add egg one by one and mix until smooth and runny. Set aside.
- Beat egg white with cream of tartar until foamy then gradually add sugar to beat until firm peak form.
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk batter and using the hand whisk to mix until combined. Pour this mixture to the meringue again and whisk quickly. At last, using a spatula to fold up the batter until no more yolk batter can be seen.
- Devide the batter in 2. Mix with 2 tbs of cocoa powder. Pour in 2 different measuring cups. Pour equally white batter and cocoa batter in to the pan at the same time.
- Use a tooth skewer to draw marble pattern.
- Preheat the oven with only the upper heating coil at 170oC. Put a tray of hot water at the lowest rack of the oven. Put the baking pan on to the 2nd rack of the oven. Bake steam bath about 40’. After 40 minutes, reduce the temperature to 150 degree with both the upper and lower heating, for another 30’ minutes.
- Remove the cake with the pan from oven and drop them to the table top from a height of about 8 cm. This is to prevent the cake from excessive shrinkage during cooling. Run a spatula round the edge of the warm cake to dislodge it from the mould. Allow the cake to cool down completely before cutting.
- Best served after 2 hours of refrigeration!
- Cut in to slices!
- So moist!
- Love the soft texture!
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin because it is a superb source of vitamin E. Although you may already consume a lot of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time. Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
Just a simple, classic sponge cake. I used lemon juice instead of vinegar. Just a simple, classic sponge cake. The Best Old Fashioned Sponge Cake - A basic yet versatile sponge cake recipe that become the basis for many different desserts, trifles or dessert cakes. I have eaten of this many times with great satisfaction and expect the same in eating of the one which, I am just informed, is ready for tea. Yet, I give several others to meet all circumstances and desires. Find sponge cake stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. You're currently using an older browser and your experience may not be optimal. It's an old family favourite and has so many memories attached to it. Eggs should be at room temperature. Food Cakes, Cupcake Cakes, Cake Merchant, Patisserie Fine, Yummy Treats, Sweet Treats, Cake Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Köstliche Desserts. One of them was this old fashioned steamed egg sponge cake, I was so glad to see this smiling cake, so perfect to chop with 福 (Fu- blessing) stamp. Anyway, i feel this steamed cake has less egg aroma and the texture is compact if compare to the earlier Jane's Ah Mah Ji Dan Gao, i guess due to this. Very close to the traditional pound cake - with the added flavour of browned butter, and some extra lightness from the whipped egg whites. Old Fashion Sponge Cake is part of the Cakes recipes category. See recipes for Countdown Sponge Cake, Lemon Sponge Cake too. Ingredients An American Sponge Cake is a deliciously moist, tender, spongy, open-grained cake. It can be eaten plain or served with cream and berries. What makes this American Sponge Cake so unique is its spongy texture that is so wonderfully light and moist. Amazon Warehouse Great Deals on Quality Used Products.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food old fashion sponge cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!