Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, purple sweet potato gnocchi with sage brown butter. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have purple sweet potato gnocchi with sage brown butter using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter-
- Make ready 2 pounds purple sweet potatoes (about 3-4 medium potatoes)
- Get 2 eggs
- Prepare 1 teaspoon dried sage
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Take 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup flour plus extra for dusting
- Make ready 3 tablespoons butter
- Take 4 tablespoons fresh sage chopped
- Get 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions to make Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter-
- Preheat oven to 350 and roast sweet potatoes until tender. About 30-40 min.
- Remove skin from potatoes and mash insides with a fork or potato masher. Once mashed, you must allow the potatoes to completely cook. You can put the potatoes in the refrigerator or freezer to speed the cooling process.
- Pour the flour onto a clean dry countertop and shape it into a ring.
- Crack eggs into the center of the ring and beat with a fork. Do not mix any of the flour into the egg mixture as this time. Add the dried sage, nutmeg, and salt to the eggs.
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes to the egg mixture and combine.
- Using your hands, slowly start to mix the flour into the potato mixture. Gently Knead the dough until well combined and no longer sticky. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour.
- Dust flour on the countertop, roll dough into large ball, and cut ball into four pieces.
- Roll each quarter into long strands approximately 1 inch in diameter.
- Cut gnocchi into 1 inch cubes and separate on baking sheet. Do not allow gnocchi to touch as they will likely stick together.
- At this point you can either put baking tray in freezer to freeze gnocchi for later use, or boil water for immediate use.
- Add gnocchi to boiled salted water and cook until they rise to the top. About 2-3 minutes.
- Drain pot and reserve about a 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Add butter to a large saucepan and melt. Once butter starts to foam, add fresh sage and fry until crispy. When butter starts to brown (make sure it doesn’t burn) add the pasta water and stir. The pasta water should thicken the butter and make the sauce creamier.
- Add gnocchi to pan and stir to coat with butter sauce. Once combined, remove gnocchi from pan and top with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
You should include a few superfoods in your diet each day. First off, beans are great, and berries, particularly blueberries. Then, add several green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole grains, and oats, along with a variety of nuts, primarily walnuts. In addition, you have to include yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t have to worry about your weight again. You will enjoy good health when you opt to eat the green living way. You will see that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits right now.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food purple sweet potato gnocchi with sage brown butter recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!