Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, green chile chicken enchiladas. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have green chile chicken enchiladas using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas-
- Make ready 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- Take 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- Make ready 1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- Make ready 2 small red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cored and diced
- Take 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- Get 1 tsp chili powder
- Make ready 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare 1/2 tsp cumin
- Prepare 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Take 2 cups reduced fat shredded Monterey jack or Mexican blend cheese, divided
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Take 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, drained
- Get 8 (7 inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- Prepare For serving- diced fresh tomato, fresh cilantro, diced avocado, diced red onion, as desired
Instructions to make Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas-
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x 13 inch casserole dish with baking spray and set aside.
- If you chicken is not yet cooked- Place the chicken breast in a single layer in the bottom or a large pot. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp kosher salt, then fill the pan with water, just until it comes 1 inch above the chicken. Bring the water and chicken to a boil over medium high heat. As soon as the water boils, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, then simmer just until the the chicken is cooked through and reaches 165 degrees F at its thickest part, about 10-14 minutes depending upon the size. Begin checking the chicken at the 8-minute mark so that it does not over cook. Remove the chicken from the liquid. Let rest until cool enough to handle, then shred.
- To make the enchiladas- heat oil in a large skillet or saute pan on medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add the peppers and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and the onions become translucent, about 8-10 minutes.
- to the skillet, add the shredded chicken, 1/2 tsp salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and black pepper. Stir to coat evenly, then remove the skillet from the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the cheese, Greek yogurt and green chilies. Once chicken and veggie mixture has cooled to nearly room temperature, add it to the bowl with the yogurt mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- To assemble the enchiladas- Fill each tortilla with a slightly heaping 1/2 cup of the chicken-yogurt mixture. Roll closed and placed in the prepared dish, seam side down. Repeat for the remaining enchiladas. Pour the green enchilada sauce over the top, cover the pan, then bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, uncover, and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 additional minutes, until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with desired toppings and enjoy.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. While you may already consume a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food green chile chicken enchiladas recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!