Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken and prawn curry with tamarind. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken and prawn curry with tamarind using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind-
- Make ready 6 chicken breasts, cubed
- Prepare 1 kg large prawns, shelled and deveined
- Make ready 3 tbsp oil - I use sunflower oil when making a curry
- Prepare 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Prepare 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- Take 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Prepare 6 whole peppercorns
- Get 4 cloves
- Make ready 6 curry leaves
- Get 1 bay leaf
- Prepare 1 tbsp (heaped) ginger, garlic, chilli paste
- Make ready 1 tbsp curry powder (more can be added as per your preference)
- Get 1/2 tsp tumeric powder (hurdee/ haldi)
- Get 3 large tomatoes, grated (discard skins)
- Prepare 1 tbsp corriander powder
- Make ready 1 cup tamarind "sauce" about 15 - 20 grms dissolved in a cup of warm water then strained & discarded the seeds & pulp. May be substited with about a tablespoonful of lemon juice. Note, tamarind gives an amazing flavour and thickens the gravy
- Make ready 1 bunch fresh corriander, chopped
Instructions to make Chicken and Prawn Curry with Tamarind-
- Slightly heat oil in a pan then add in the cumin, mustard seeds, cloves, peppercorns and onion.
- Sautè until onion changes colour to a light golden brown.
- Add in curry leaves and bay leaf.
- Mix in ginger, garlic and chilli paste. Followed by curry powder and tumeric powder.
- Add grated tomato and allow to cook through.
- Mix in the corriander powder.
- Once cooked, add in tamarind sauce and allow to simmer for a few moments.
- Mix in chopped corriander.
- Place cubed chicken into gravy. When almost done, add in the prawns and allow to cook through.
- Serve with basmati or other rice of choice.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you presently consume plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food chicken and prawn curry with tamarind recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!