Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, easy sweet potato pie with frozen puff pastry. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have easy sweet potato pie with frozen puff pastry using 8 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Sweet Potato Pie with Frozen Puff Pastry-
- Prepare 1 1/2 medium sized Sweet potato
- Make ready 3 tbsp ○Milk
- Get 1 and 1/2 tablespoons ○Sugar
- Make ready 1 tbsp ○Honey
- Make ready 1 ○Cinnamon
- Prepare 1 ◎Egg yolk
- Make ready 1/2 tsp ◎Water
- Get 1 bag Frozen puff pastry
Steps to make Easy Sweet Potato Pie with Frozen Puff Pastry-
- Add about 2 - 3 cm of water to a pot. Place a steamer in the pot to make a steam pot. Cover with a lid, turn on the heat, and steam the sweet potato.
- It's better to cut the sweet potatoes if they are big as it takes time to steam.
- Steam for about 15 minutes at medium heat. If a chopstick goes through easily, it's done. The soft and flaky sweet potatoes are finished. I used half the amount of sweet potatoes as shown in the photo this time.
- Peel the skin and put into a bowl. Mash with a masher.
- Mash until there are no lumps. You can leave some if you want.
- Add all ○ ingredients. Mix similarly to kneading. The puree filling is finished. ※ If you add more milk, then it becomes like a western paste, less milk turns it into a flaky Japanese-style paste.
- Line room temperature puff pastry on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Pierce with a fork.
- Spread sweet potato paste, leaving some space on each side. Sprinkle cinnamon powder if you want. Preheat the oven.
- Cut straight lines on the remaining puff pastry and cover the pies from Step 8. Secure the edges with the back of a fork.
- Mix ◎ to make an egg yolk glaze. Brush on the pies from Step 9.
- Bake for about 15 minutes in a 170°C to 180℃ oven. When browned, it's done.
- Remove from the baking pan, together with the parchment paper, while it's hot, and let it cool.
- The inside looks like this. Even though they taste good cooled, you should try the fresh-baked hot, crispy pie.1. You can make a kabocha version the same way. Here is the process to make kabocha filling.
- [Ingredients] Kabocha- 1/3-1/2; Sugar- 2-3 tablespoons; Honey- 2 tablespoons; Heavy Cream (or milk)- 1; tablespoon; cinnamon powder- a small amount.
- Steam the kabocha the same way as the sweet potato.
- Steam well until a chopstick can pierce through easily. Peel the skin. You can peel before steaming, but it's easier to take it off with chopsticks after steaming.
- Mash with a masher. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Mix similar to kneading. When it's smooth, it's finished. Make the pies following the same process from Step 7.
- Here is a sister recipe, "Sweet and Sour Apple Pie".
- Here is a sister recipe, "Adzuki Bean and Peach Pie". - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/170894-easily-made-with-a-frozen-pie-crust-peach-adzuki-pie
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. If you presently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time. Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food easy sweet potato pie with frozen puff pastry recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!