Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, south african indian crab curry. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
South African Indian Crab Curry is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. South African Indian Crab Curry is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have south african indian crab curry using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make South African Indian Crab Curry-
- Get 2 onion, chopped fine
- Prepare 3 kg orange crabs cleaned and chopped
- Take 3 tbsp ginger and garlic grated
- Take 1 curry leaves
- Take 5 green chillies
- Make ready 10 jam (rosa) tomatoes
- Prepare 4 tsp curry powder
- Make ready 1 tsp turmeric
- Get 2 tsp ground cumin
- Prepare 4 tbsp olive oil
- Take 2 tsp salt to start. add more after tasting
- Prepare 1 tsp brown sugar
- Make ready 1/4 cup tamarind water
Instructions to make South African Indian Crab Curry-
- In a large pot heat oil and brown onions.
- Add green chillies, curry leaves, ginger and garlic
- Place in all the crab lower to medium heat, replace the lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Next add in all spices, mix and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Liquidise the tomatoes and and add to the pot. Add salt to taste as well as brown sugar to cut acidity
- Mix through, replace the lid and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Next, remove the lid, increase the heat to remove excess water from the tomatoes and thicken the gravy.
- Pour in the tamarind water and bring to the boil to finish.
- Remove from heat and leave to stand. The gravy will thicken on standing.
- Serve hot with basmati rice!
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. Although you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food south african indian crab curry recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!