Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, lemon sugar cookies. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have lemon sugar cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon Sugar Cookies-
- Make ready 1 stick butter, softened
- Make ready 1 1/4 cup flour
- Prepare 1 cup white sugar, separated
- Take 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Make ready 2 tsp vanilla
- Make ready 1 egg yolk
- Prepare Zest of 2 small/medium lemons
- Take 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Take 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Get 1/4 tsp salt
Steps to make Lemon Sugar Cookies-
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand or standing mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and 3/4c sugar until light and fluffy. (about 3-4 minutes or so). Add egg, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Slowly pour in the dry ingredients and beat just until combined–do not over mix. Roll cookie dough into about 1 1/2 inch balls and roll into the remaining 1/4 cup sugar (add sugar into a small bowl first.) and place about 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking pan.
- Bake 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool before eating.
- Store in an air tight container or freeze. (They never last long in my glass cookie jar lol!)
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It can likewise be good for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. Although you may already consume a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time. As you can see, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food lemon sugar cookies recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!