Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, pork and prawn wonton soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious. LIKE, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE # I think wontons are one of those things that many people don't think to make, assuming they are really tedious and take ages. If you've ever had store bought frozen wontons or wontons from a good value Chinese place that probably uses frozen wontons, you will be amazed how.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pork and prawn wonton soup using 33 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pork and prawn wonton soup-
- Make ready For the filling-
- Take 500 g mince pork - at least 10% to 20% fat content (or 250g pork belly minced mixed with 250g minced pork, (optional) this makes the filling more succulent)
- Make ready 7-8 raw king prawns, minced
- Make ready 2 tablespoons soy sauce (add more or less depending on preference)
- Take 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla, add more or less depending on preference)
- Prepare 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Prepare 1 tablespoon Shaoshing rice wine
- Prepare 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Prepare 2-3 slices ginger, grated (use more or less depending on preference)
- Prepare 1-2 stalks spring onion, finely chopped (add more or less depending on preference)
- Prepare To taste fine salt (optional, if mixture needs slightly more seasoning)
- Get 2 packets wonton wrappers
- Get 1/2 cup water (to seal the wontons)
- Take Flour for dusting wontons (if freezing wontons)
- Make ready Microwave lid cover (to prevent wontons drying out)
- Get For the soup-
- Get 3 tablespoon cooking oil (to saute the ingredients)
- Prepare 1 small white onion, finely sliced
- Make ready 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Take 1-2 large ginger, slices
- Prepare 2 stalks spring onions, sliced in half
- Take 3 teaspoons chicken stock (add more or less depending on preference)
- Get 6 cups water
- Take 2 teaspoons light soy sauce (add more or less depending on preference)
- Get 2 teaspoons sesame oil (add more or less depending on preference)
- Make ready 1/8 teaspoon white ground pepper (add more or less depending on preference)
- Make ready For garnish-
- Get Soup-
- Make ready 1-2 tablespoons spring onions, finely sliced
- Get Chilli oil and black rice vinegar dressing-
- Make ready 1-2 teaspoons garlic and sesame chilli oil (or any chilli oil of choice)
- Make ready 1-2 teaspoons light soy sauce (add more or less depending on preference)
- Take 1-2 teaspoons black rice vinegar (add more or less depending on preference)
Instructions to make Pork and prawn wonton soup-
- Place the minced pork in a large bowl. Add soy sauce, fish sauce, ground white pepper and shaoshing rice wine. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly stirring in one direction with chopsticks.
- Wash the prawns, peel and remove the heads. With a knife, slit down the top center of the prawns to de-vein. Once all of the prawns have been de-veined, rinse under water.
- Roughly chop the prawns with a meat cleaver into a mince. Using a meat cleaver, pound the prawns to make a paste. Transfer to the mixing bowl with the mince pork and mix well together.
- Once the mixture is well incorporated and sticky, add the finely chopped spring onions, minced garlic and grated ginger to the mixing bowl. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to a sealable food bag and set aside in fridge for an hour or overnight to marinade. When ready to use, take out the wonton mixture and place in a bowl. Tip- when ready to use mixture, in a small pan place a teaspoon of wonton mixture in there. On medium heat cook the mixture and taste. If more seasoning is required adjust as necessary (add more soy, white pepper or salt (optional) depending on preference).
- Place the wonton wrappers on a plate and fill a small bowl with water. Dust a large plate with a small amount of flour, find a tall lid (like a microwave lid) that covers the plate along with a small board for making the wontons on. Tip- When not using, keep wonton wrappers covered with a tea towel or paper towel to prevent them drying out.
- For the ‘ruffled purse’ shape, place a wonton wrapper on the chopping board in a diamond orientation. Place one and a half teaspoons of wonton mixture in the middle of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper in half to form a triangular shape (see picture 2, the half does not perfectly join in the middle). Press and push out the air pockets and then wet the edges of the wontons.
- Pleat the top of the wonton, make between 3 to 5 pleats (depending on how ‘ruffled’ you want the wontons). Press the top of the pleats to seal tightly. Transfer to the lightly dusted plate and coat wontons with a tiny amount of flour, then cover with the microwave lid to prevent them drying out. Repeat steps 6 - 7 until all of the filling and wonton wrappers have been used.
- Once all of the wontons have been made, place the uncooked wontons to be frozen in airtight containers. This helps the wontons keep their shape when cooking and also adds to a better texture.
- For wonton soup, on medium heat, add cooking oil to the stockpot. Now add onions, garlic, ginger and spring onion stalks and sauté until soft. Add the chicken stock and water, bring to a boil, then add soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper and stir. Reduce to medium low heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the wontons. For fresh wontons cook for 4-5 minutes (not from frozen). For frozen wontons cook for 6-10 minutes, or until they float, they should look like gorgeous golden nuggets! Sir occasionally, once wontons have cooked turn the heat off.
- Remove wontons from the stockpot with a slotted spoon and place in serving bowl. Ladle over the broth and garnish with the sliced tops of the spring onions. You can serve as a soup or with egg noodles.
- You can also serve wontons as a Dim Sum style side dish covered with spicy sauce. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the wontons for 4-5 minutes or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a serving bowl. Add one teaspoon each of chilli oil, soy sauce and black vinegar, garnish with sliced spring onions and mix.
Your daily diet should include at least some of these super foods. To start, beans are great, and berries, especially blueberries. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Throw in whole cereals and nuts. Also, you may want to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat the foods in this list, you will never have to worry about your weight again. You will enjoy great health as you opt to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be better, and your body can potentially ward off diseases. You can look forward to a healthy future by changing your food choices now.
These wontons are filled with a juicy pork and prawn / shrimp filling and will knock your socks off. If you've ever had store bought frozen wontons or wontons from a good value Chinese place that probably uses frozen wontons, you will be amazed how. Whip up classic Shrimp and Pork Wonton Soup at home! LIKE, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE # I think wontons are one of those things that many people don't think to make, assuming they are really tedious and take ages. Wonton wrappers are stuffed with a mixture of cooked pork and prawns, seasoned with soy sauce and fresh ginger and gently simmered in chicken stock. Wontons are little meat and prawn dumplings cooked in a gentle broth. These succulent dumplings can be made in big batches. Wonton soup can be made out of chicken broth or anchovies. Steamed pork-filled wontons and steamed vegetables make a hearty and satisfying soup. Remove and place in soup bowls alongside vegetables. Peel off a wonton wrapper and, with a pastry brush, lightly brush round the outside with cold water. This simple shrimp pork wonton soup recipe is so satisfying and comforting, especially on a cold, rainy day. Boil the wontons in a separate pot so that the wonton soup does not turn cloudy and starchy. Wonton soup with prawn and pork filling. Garnish with the spring onions and chilli. Pantry note- Shaoxing Rice wine is. For the wontons- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and dust lightly with cornstarch. Once frozen for an hour, you can cook them or transfer them to an. Tasty, moist pork filling wrapped with slippery wonton skin, served in hot chicken soup, this pork wonton soup is a perfect treat on cold winter days. As the winter draws near, the cold days always evoke memories of my childhood growing up in North-western China.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food pork and prawn wonton soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!