Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, greek style quinoa salad. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Greek Style Quinoa Salad is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Greek Style Quinoa Salad is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have greek style quinoa salad using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Greek Style Quinoa Salad-
- Take Salad -
- Make ready 3 cups cooked and cooled quinoa (1 cup uncooked)
- Make ready 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Prepare 1 small bell pepper, diced (I use either yellow or orange)
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup quartered English cucumbers
- Prepare 1/2 cup diced red onion
- Take 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- Prepare 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- Make ready Feta cheese, for serving
- Prepare Dressing -
- Prepare 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Get 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Take Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Prepare 1 clove garlic, grated
- Take 1 tsp. honey
- Get 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Get 1/4 tsp. each dried basil, dried dill, black pepper, salt
Instructions to make Greek Style Quinoa Salad-
- Chop and place all of your veggies in a large bowl. I'm not a fan of olives, so I generally leave them out.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa and the drained and rinsed chickpeas.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa and veggies and toss to evenly coat.
- That's it! I would recommend letting this chill for a couple of hours before eating, so the flavors have time to steep together. Store this in a large airtight container in the fridge. Or if meal prepping, go ahead and portion out the salad evenly into 6 individual sized containers.
- Serve it up with some feta cheese sprinkled over the top.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It can also be healthy for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food greek style quinoa salad recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!