Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken, leek and mushroom pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken, leek and mushroom pie is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Chicken, leek and mushroom pie is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Enjoy the succulent chicken and crisp puff pastry with a dollop of tomato ketchup. A creamy filling with a crispy puff pastry topping.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have chicken, leek and mushroom pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken, leek and mushroom pie-
- Prepare chicken breast 4-6, one per person
- Prepare 2 leeks
- Take 200 g button or baby mushrooms
- Take 1 bunch spring onions
- Make ready light puff pastry
- Make ready butter
- Prepare 300 g creme fraiche
- Get 1 chicken stock
- Take 2 teaspoons English mustard powder
- Prepare 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Get salt and pepper seasoning
Steps to make Chicken, leek and mushroom pie-
- Chop up the chicken breast into bitesize peices. melt the butter in a large frying pan (I normally use a wok). Once the butter has melted add the chicken and cook through.
- While the chicken is cooking chop the leeks into medium chunks. Chop the mushrooms into small chunks and finely chop the spring onions.
- Add all the vegetables and mushrooms to the chicken. cook for about two minutes.
- Next, make up your stock cube and add the mustard powder, nutmeg and creme fraiche and stir. Once combined add to the chicken and vegetables and season.
- Allow the mixture to reduce to a thick sauce (usually by about half). You can add cornflour to speed this up if you want.
- Finally assemble your pie! layer the mixture into your pie dish until about 2 cm from the top of the dish. Then roll out, score your pastry and cover with an egg or milk wash. Then add the pastry to the top of the pie dish with the wash side up.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown at 180C. I then usually serve this with potatoes. The pie is stuffed full of vegetables so I don't always bother to add extra to serve.
You must have a few superfoods in your diet daily. To start, beans are excellent, and berries, particularly blueberries. Then, add a few green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are some other essentials. See to it that you consume proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will get rid of your weight problems. Following a green living diet plan will provide you with precisely what you need to become healthy and fit. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system gets healthier. You can anticipate a healthy future by changing your food choices today.
John Torode's warming chicken, mushroom & leek pie is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Enjoy the succulent chicken and crisp puff pastry with a dollop of tomato ketchup. This Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pie is an absolute British Classic! A creamy filling with a crispy puff pastry topping. How to make a Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pie. Fry up your chicken until browned, remove from the pan, then add your leeks, garlic and mushrooms That creamy chicken, leek and mushroom filling planted underneath a crispy golden layer of pastry 🤤. Try this budget-friendly and delicious creamy chicken, leek, and mushroom pie that's perfect for your next comfort food binge. There is something so comforting about a traditional British chicken pie with memories of school days and family lunches. This healthy take on a traditional chicken pie is packed with extra veggies thanks to its cauliflower mash topping. Remove the cooked chicken and strain the stock. Skim off most of the fat from the stock (you can cool it first, if you like, making it easier to lift the fat from the top). How to Make Chicken, Leek, and Mushroom Pie. Peel the potatoes and cut into approximately ¾" dice. Cut the chicken breast into approximately ½" cubes. Wash the leek very well and slice it crosswise into thin disks. Clean the mushrooms and slice them into pieces. Stir in the mushrooms, rosemary, roast chicken and the soup. Brush a little water along the edge of the pie dish. Unroll the pastry over the dish, trim off the excess and press to seal the edges. A quick and easy chicken and mushroom pie recipe using RSPCA Assured higher welfare chicken!
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food chicken, leek and mushroom pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!