Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, prosciutto, spinach and feta chicken roulade. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have prosciutto, spinach and feta chicken roulade using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Prosciutto, Spinach and Feta Chicken Roulade-
- Take 2 chicken breasts
- Take 1/4 onion, minced
- Take 1 clove garlic, minced
- Prepare 1/2 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Get 1/2 cup feta, crumbled or chopped
- Make ready 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Get 3 tsp seasoned bread crumbs
- Make ready 4 slice prosciutto
- Get 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Take 1 olive oil
Instructions to make Prosciutto, Spinach and Feta Chicken Roulade-
- Saute onions in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach, garlic and season with salt and pepper; cook about 3 minutes then set aside and let cool.
- While spinach mixture is cooling, place a butterflied chicken breast between 2 sheets of wax paper and using a meat mallet pound away from your body until chicken is about 1/4 of an inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add feta and parsley to cooled spinach mixture, if it looks too dry add 1 to 2 teaspoons water.
- Lay two slices of prosciutto on flatten chicken breast.
- Spread half of the spinach mixture on top of prosciutto and sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons of seasoned bread crumbs.
- From shortest end, tightly roll up chicken tucking in any spinach mixture that may fall out.
- Secure seam with tooth picks or kitchen twine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat once oil is shimmering add roulades seam side down cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown, flip and cook other side for 3 more minutes.
- Transfer to baking sheet and cook in 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove tooth picks or twine before slicing. Slice on a bias and serve.
These sorts of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time. As you can see, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food prosciutto, spinach and feta chicken roulade recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!