Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, sweet sour and spicy pumpkin masala. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sweet Sour and Spicy Pumpkin Masala is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Sweet Sour and Spicy Pumpkin Masala is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sweet sour and spicy pumpkin masala using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Sour and Spicy Pumpkin Masala-
- Get 3 Tablespoons Mustard Oil
- Get 500 gms yellow Pumpkin deseeded washed peeled and cubed cut
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp Ginger grated
- Make ready 2 Green Chillies minced finely
- Prepare 1 Tomato finely chopped
- Take 30 gms Jaggery
- Get 1/8 Teaspoon Asafoetida powder
- Make ready 1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds
- Get 1/2 Teaspoon Fennel seeds
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- Get 2 Bay leaves
- Prepare 3 dry Red Chillies whole
- Get 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Take 1/2 Teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- Get 1 Teaspoon Coriander powder
- Make ready 1/2 Teaspoon Black Rock salt
- Make ready to taste Salt
- Take 1 pinch Baking soda
- Make ready 2 Tablespoons Cilantro finely chopped
- Make ready 1 Teaspoon Dry Mango powder
- Take 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala powder
- Take 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon juice
- Get 1 Tablespoon crushed dry fenugreek leaves
Steps to make Sweet Sour and Spicy Pumpkin Masala-
- In a wok heat mustard oil, once heated lower the flame and add dry masala viz. Cumin seeds, fennel seeds. asafoetida powder, bay leaves, fenugreek seeds and dry red chilies whole, in the end add minced green chillies and sauté well.
- Now add chopped tomato and grated ginger ; mix well and add powdered masala viz. turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, rock salt, salt and pinch of baking soda. Mix well.
- Cover it with lid for few minutes till oil separate from tomato and tomato is softened.
- Include Dry yellow pumpkin cubes and mix well with masala so as pumpkin is well coated, (since pumpkin itself contains water and salt helps it to release water I in particular avoid adding water as vegetable will be bit mushy not crispy). Cook the pumpkin in high flame covered with lid and in between stirring up so that it doesn’t burn, once we find pumpkin cooked, jaggery is added and mixed in to sweeten the taste.
- Again close the lid and now cook in medium flame for 5 minutes, not forgetting to stir up in between and then add garam masala powder followed with chopped cilantro and crushed fenugreek leaves. Mix them nicely
- Now finally add dry mango powder and followed by some lemon juice to add sourness. Mix it well and for last time cover it with lid in low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Now plate our in a bowl and garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with parathas or fluffy puris.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food sweet sour and spicy pumpkin masala recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!