Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, vietnamese caramelised pork. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook vietnamese caramelised pork using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vietnamese Caramelised Pork-
- Make ready 1 kg Pork (Belly and loin both work well)
- Take 6-8 Spring Onions (Sliced)
- Take 2 Red Chilis (Adjust to taste)
- Make ready 60 g Fresh Root Ginger (Grated)
- Make ready 1 Tablespoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Take 5 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- Make ready 8 Tablespoons White Sugar
- Get 500 ml Water
Steps to make Vietnamese Caramelised Pork-
- Chop the pork into 1" chunks and add it to a large bowl.
- Slice the spring onion and add it to the bowl.
- Finely chop two red chilis and add to the bowl.
- Peel and grate the fresh root ginger and add it to the bowl. - - TIP- A teaspoon makes an excellent peeler for getting the skin off the ginger.
- Add 1 tablespoon of black pepper and 5 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Mix well and leave the mixture to marinade in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Add 8 tablespoons of sugar to a large saucepan and place on a medium heat. After a few minutes you should notice the sugar start to melt. When it first starts to melt it will be a clear liquid but will quickly go brown. The challenge is to get all of the sugar to melt before the bit that melted first starts to burn. If it smells burnt or starts to smoke its better to start again that carry on regardless. Stirring may help but sometimes a quick shake of the pan will do the trick.
- Once all the sugar has melted and is a golden brown colour carefully add the water. This is usually fairly spectacular as the pan is very hot. Expect steam, obscure sugar sculptures rising out of the pan and frantically boiling water.
- Once all the caramel has dissolved you should have a very runny, sweet brown syrup. Bring this to the boil and then add the marinated pork mix.
- Bring the pan back to the boil and stir well. Then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for at least an hour.
- Once most of the liquid has evaporated and the pork is tender and sticky we are ready to serve! Goes great with rice and stir-fried greens.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you currently eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time. As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food vietnamese caramelised pork recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!