Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, sig's green soup with spinach, leeks and fennel. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook sig's green soup with spinach, leeks and fennel using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Green Soup with Spinach, Leeks and Fennel-
- Prepare 400 grams baby spinach
- Make ready 2 small leeks
- Take 1/4 bulb fresh fennel
- Make ready 2-3 mugs water depending on how thin you like soup
- Make ready 1 vegetable stock cube
- Make ready 1 good pinch wild garlic leaves
- Take 1 pinch red pimento powder
- Prepare 1 pinch nutmeg
- Take 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream (optional )
- Take 16 separated sprout leaves
- Prepare 1 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil for frying the sprout leaves
- Prepare 2 cherry tomatoes halved
- Make ready 20 cubes croutons of choice
- Make ready 1/2 tablespoon olive oil for drizzling into soup
Instructions to make Sig's Green Soup with Spinach, Leeks and Fennel-
- Heat the water to boil. Chop the fennel and leeks then add them to the water with the spinach, boil l until spinach has just wilted.
- Add the pimento, nutmeg and stock cube . Cool down slightly then pour this mixture into a blender and blend until very smooth.
- Return the soup back to heat and slightly simmer, do not boil again, season with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime fry the sprout leaves, halve the tomatoes and prepare or use shop bought crouton .Stir the cream into the soup if using.
- Plate the soup garnished with sprout leaves, tomatoes and croûtons. Enjoy.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food sig's green soup with spinach, leeks and fennel recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!