Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, vickys chicken, leek & mushroom pot pies gf df ef sf nf. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have vickys chicken, leek & mushroom pot pies gf df ef sf nf using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Pot Pies GF DF EF SF NF-
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Take 750 grams chicken breast, diced
- Prepare 20 grams sunflower spread or gold foil wrapped Stork margarine block
- Prepare 1 large leek, sliced
- Take 200 grams button mushrooms
- Get 80 ml white wine or chicken stock
- Take 1 tbsp (level) cornflour / cornstarch
- Make ready 240 ml chicken stock
- Prepare 160 ml full fat coconut milk
- Get 1 tbsp (rounded) wholegrain mustard
- Take 75 grams frozen peas
- Get salt & pepper
- Get 300 grams Vickys Free-From Puff Pastry, recipe link below
Instructions to make Vickys Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Pot Pies GF DF EF SF NF-
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F and lay out 4 x 375ml / 1.5 cup volume ramekins
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and brown the diced chicken
- Remove the chicken from the pan, add the remaining oil and the sunflower spread to melt, then add the mushrooms and sliced leek, frying until the mushrooms are golden
- Add the wine (or stock) and let reduce by half, it should cook down in 2 or 3 minutes. Then mix in the cornflour
- Stir in the coconut milk and chicken stock, alternating a bit of each at a time until all in
- Stir in the mustard and peas and bring to the boil, then turn down to simmer and let thicken
- Add the chicken pieces back in and season to taste with salt & pepper
- Pat out the puff pastry to 5mm thick and cut out 4 rounds that are 2cm wider than the width of your ramekins. My ramekins have handles so my rounds aren't round lol - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356517-vickys-puff-pastry-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free
- Divide the filling between the 4 ramekins
- Dab some extra coconut milk around the outside edge of each pastry round. This will help the lid stick to the ramekin
- Put the lids on, milk edge downwards and press around to secure
- Glaze the tops of the lids with a little more of the milk, pierce a hole in the centres to let steam out, then put in the oven for 20 minutes or until the pastry has risen and is golden (my pastry won't rise as high as wheat flour pastry)
- Serve with seasonal vegetables
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. While you may already consume a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. Obviously, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food vickys chicken, leek & mushroom pot pies gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!