Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, bacon, leek and potato soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Bacon, Leek and Potato Soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Bacon, Leek and Potato Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook bacon, leek and potato soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon, Leek and Potato Soup-
- Prepare 500 grams bacon
- Take 2 tbsp olive oil
- Make ready 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- Get 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- Take 2 stick celery, sliced
- Get 1 bunch leeks, sliced
- Make ready 2 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- Make ready 5 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- Get 1 1/2 liter stock, vegetable or chicken or beef
- Get 250 ml fresh cream
- Take salt and ground black pepper
Steps to make Bacon, Leek and Potato Soup-
- Preheat a large pan on high heat. Fry bacon until crispy, remove from pan, dice and set aside.
- In a large pot, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Followed by the onion, carrots, celery, leeks, garlic and mix together with a spoon. Cook for around 10 minutes with the lid on, stirring every 2-3 minutes. Until the carrots have softened, but are still holding their shape.
- Now add, the bacon, (keep a few pieces for garnish) potatoes and the stock into the pot. Stir the soup and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cream, bring it to the boil and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth using a hand blender or liquidizer. Divide between your serving bowls and sprinkle the rest of the bacon on top.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can also be beneficial for your skin because it is a superb source of vitamin E. Although you may already eat a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time. As you can see, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food bacon, leek and potato soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!