Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, ravioli bolognese with beef or quorn. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have ravioli bolognese with beef or quorn using 17 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Ravioli Bolognese with beef or quorn-
- Prepare Pasta,
- Prepare 2 cup 00 flour or bread flour
- Get 2 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare 1 egg
- Get 1/2 cup warm water
- Take Bolognese filling-
- Prepare 1 tbsp olive oil
- Take 1/2 small onion, chopped finely
- Prepare 2 clove garlic - optional
- Prepare 100 grams minced beef or quorn mince
- Take 1 tsp dried basil
- Get 1 cup red wine - optional
- Take 150 grams or half a large tin of chopped tomatoes, drained
- Make ready 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Prepare 1 beef stock cube
- Get to taste seasoning
- Get parmesan cheese to sprinkle over your finished ravioli
Instructions to make Ravioli Bolognese with beef or quorn-
- First make the pasta dough. In a kitchen mixer with the dough hook or by hand
- Put the flour into the bowl, crack in the egg, add the oil and start the mixer, make sure you keep pushing down any flour that rises up the bowl
- Start adding the water a little at a time and allow it to be worked into the dough fully before adding more. The dough should be very soft and pliable and even stick to the sides of the bowl a little, but be easy to roll off again.
- Once the dough has reached this stage knead it for a few minutes in the machine or a 10 minutes by hand until it is smooth and elastic (kneading activates the gluten and makes the dough stretchy)
- Your dough is ready to be made into sheets for the ravioli (or lasagne - if you just want the pasta)
- Twist off half the dough and start feeding it through your pasta machine on the thickest setting - if it looks over stretched, lay out on your board and rub flour into the sheet turn over and do again on the other side the fold over and put through again.
- If you're doing this by hand then roll out on a floured surface until about 5mm thick the fold into thirds (take hold of one end and fold over leaving one third exposed, then fold that end over the top)
- Whichever route you take, you hope to achieve a very workable dough, so you may have to fold, turn and roll several times
- With the machine, decrease the thickness each time until you achieve about 2mm thick strips. By hand roll as thin as possible.
- Next step depends if you have a ravioli tin or not. Flour your tin. Cut strips of dough to fit the tin and fill the holes with your filling of choice or place spoonfuls of filling an inch/2½cm apart.
- Repeat with other half of dough - makes 20 large ravioli. At this point my daughter rolled the remaining pasta using powdered sugar instead of flour then filled with a mixture of chocolate pieces, peanut butter and strawberry jam to make sweet ravioli (she served it with a light chocolate sauce on the side)
- Cover with a second sheet, pressing the dough firmly between each spoonful of filling. Use your roller on the tin to cut between the pieces, or use a pastry crimper or knife to cut between the pieces of ravioli on your work surface.
- You should drop your pieces of ravioli into a pan of boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes, drain then serve. (Make sure you brush off all the loose flour or the pasta will get too sticky)
- Make the Bolognese filling. This filling is quite intense in flavour and must be thick not watery.
- Add oil and onion to a small pan then gently fry over a medium heat until onion becomes transparent, then add garlic if using. Turn the heat up and add the beef - stir quickly until cooked through.
- Add the basil and stir in then the red wine (if using) cooking on high to reduce the wine.
- When the wine has reduced by at least half, add all of the other ingredients.
- Lower the heat and let the Bolognese simmer, crush down any large pieces of tomato.
- Taste before seasoning. Cool before adding to your pasta. Serve the ravioli with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and a chunk of garlic bread
Your daily diet need to contain at least a few of these super foods. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, particularly blueberries. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Throw in whole cereals and nuts. Additionally, you may wish to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. You will enjoy good health once you decide to eat the green living way. You will find that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food ravioli bolognese with beef or quorn recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!