Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, sweet potato casserole. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook sweet potato casserole using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato Casserole-
- Prepare 4 large sweet potatoes or 5 medium
- Make ready 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- Get 1/2 cup milk
- Get 1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar
- Take 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Prepare 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Get 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Take 2 large eggs, beaten
- Prepare Pinch salt
- Make ready Optional Topping -
- Make ready Mini Marshmallows
- Prepare or
- Take Crunchy Pecan Struesel -
- Get 1 cup chopped pecans
- Make ready 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Get 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- Make ready 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
Instructions to make Sweet Potato Casserole-
- Start by roasting the sweet potatoes in a 400°F oven until they are tender. Set them aside until they are cooled enough for you to handle them. Or you could also cook them in the slow cooker. Just wash them, place them in the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours, until they can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Once the potatoes are cooled a bit, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13" baking pan with foil (for easy cleanup) and grease it. Set it aside.
- Place the sweet potato flesh into a large bowl and mash well. Then add in the butter, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and beaten eggs. Mix until it's all combined. Pour the sweet potato mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- For the struesel (if using), just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir it all together until it's all moistened and combined.
- If using the struesel, top with it and bake for 30 minutes. If topping with marshmallows, then bake for the 30 minutes, then place the marshmallows over the top and switch the oven to broil, just until the marshmallows begin to brown. Keep a close eye on them once the broiler is on so as not to burn them.
- To prepare this in advance, prepare everything through step 3, then cover the baking pan with foil and place in the fridge until ready to bake. Take the pan out of the fridge about 20 minutes before you're ready to place it in the oven, to bring it back closer to room temperature, then bake as directed.
Be sure to add these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole grains, and oats, along with a mix of nuts, primarily walnuts. Additionally, you should have yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. When you consume these superfoods regularly, you should get rid of any weight problems. Green living offers you a healthy eating plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be better, and your body can potentially become disease free. Prepare for a healthy future by modifying your eating habits now.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food sweet potato casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!