Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, doi maach (fish in curd). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook doi maach (fish in curd) using 12 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Doi Maach (Fish in Curd)-
- Get 6 Fish Curry Pieces of (Rohu/Katla)
- Get 1/3 Cup Mustard Oil
- Get 1 Onion Large
- Prepare 1.5 Ginger (inch)
- Get 8 Cloves Garlic
- Prepare 3 Chillis Green , slit
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon Fenugreek seeds (Methi)
- Make ready 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons Curd , beaten
- Prepare 1.5 Teaspoons Sugar
- Make ready To Taste Salt
- Get 1 Tablespoon Ghee Butter / Clarified
Steps to make Doi Maach (Fish in Curd)-
- Grind together the onion, ginger, and garlic. Now put the paste on a sieve, and squeeze out all the juice.
- The fish pieces should be about 5-6 inches long. Marinate with turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat the oil in a wok, and add the fish pieces. Fry till both the sides turn golden brown in colour. Remove from wok. Keep aside.
- Now pour out some of the oil from the wok. Turn flame to low.
- To the remaining oil, add the fenugreek seeds. Wait for the seeds to turn brown. Remove and discard.
- Bring the flame to medium. Now pour in the onion-ginger-garlic juice. Let this boil for 1 min.
- Add salt, and a pinch of turmeric powder. Stir.
- Turn off the flame. Then add in 4 heaped tbsp of curd. Mix well.
- Now simmer this for 2 mins.
- Finally add in 1 tbsp of sugar. Mix well.
- Now slowly place the fried fish pieces into the gravy.
- Add in the ghee, and the slit green chillies. Cover and cook for 4-5 mins
- The gravy should be slightly sweet. So add in the remaining 1/2 tbsp of sugar if required. Adjust salt.
- Serve with rice.
- PS- If you add the curd on the flame, it may split.
These sorts of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you currently consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food doi maach (fish in curd) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!