Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, pork ribs with verdolagas (purslane). One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Pork Ribs with Verdolagas (Purslane) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Pork Ribs with Verdolagas (Purslane) is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have pork ribs with verdolagas (purslane) using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pork Ribs with Verdolagas (Purslane)-
- Prepare 5-6 pounds pork ribs, I like to use baby back ribs
- Take 4 Serrano or 2 Jalapeño chiles
- Make ready 2 large handfuls of Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Get 12 medium sized tomatillos
- Get Salt
- Get Olive oil
- Make ready 2 large yellow or white onions, chopped any way you like
- Get 8 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- Get 4 big handfuls of Purslane, coarsely chopped
- Make ready 12 small red potatoes, quartered
Steps to make Pork Ribs with Verdolagas (Purslane)-
- Broil the tomatillos and chiles in a 450º oven for 15 minutes.
- While tomatillos are broiling, cut the ribs into 2 rib sections and brown them in olive oil in a large Dutch oven. Sprinkle with salt and remove from pot.
- To pot, add onions and garlic and sauté over medium flame stirring occasionally until softened. Remove pot from heat while you work on the sauce.
- To blender, add cilantro, chiles, tomatillos and 3 cups water. Blend till smooth and add to pot.
- Return pot to heat and stir sauce. Taste for salt.
- Add ribs making sure sauce covers them. If it doesn't, add more water. Bring to a boil then turn heat off.
- Cover Dutch oven with lid and place in a 325º oven. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and add potatoes. Try to push the potatoes down into the sauce. Cook an additional 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Remove lid and add chopped purslane. Spoon sauce over the purslane. The potatoes may have absorbed the salt in the sauce, so taste for salt and add more if desired. Cook another 10 minutes.
- Remove Dutch oven, stir and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove any bones where meat has fallen away. Serve with warm tortillas.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food pork ribs with verdolagas (purslane) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!