Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, kuih lopes | coconut glutinous rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have kuih lopes | coconut glutinous rice using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Kuih Lopes | Coconut Glutinous Rice,
- Take 2 cups glutinous rice
- Take Food coloring (typically green)
- Prepare 2 cups coconut milk
- Make ready 1/2 cup water
- Take 1 tsp pandan flavoring
- Take 1 tsp salt
- Take 15 tbs muscovado sugar and 1 cup of water
- Prepare Grated coconut and some salt
Steps to make Kuih Lopes | Coconut Glutinous Rice,
- Wash the rice and soak it with food coloring for 3 hours
- This is how glutinous rice looks like if purchased in my country (Italy)
- Drain water from rice and place rice inside rice cooker along with coconut milk, water, salt and pandan flavor. Mix them well. If you don't have rice cooker, just cook following the instructions on the rice packaging. With rice cooker, it will take about 30 mins.
- This is the pandan flavoring I bought from Malaysia. There's no substitute for the flavor, but easy to find in any Asian market.
- This is the coconut powder I use to make 2 cups of coconut milk.
- While waiting for the rice to cook, prepare a cup of water to boil with muscovado sugar until it forms the density and sweetness you prefer. For this brand, I used 15 tablespoons. Let it cool.
- When rice is done, flatten it in a square pan lined with baking paper. Make sure to flatten it, and let it cool.
- Cut into the sizes you like and coat them with grated coconut and salt mixture. Serve with muscovado syrup that is prepared earlier.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can likewise be good for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. Although you may already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food kuih lopes | coconut glutinous rice recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!