Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, curry puff (basic pastry). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Curry Puff (Basic Pastry) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Curry Puff (Basic Pastry) is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook curry puff (basic pastry) using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Curry Puff (Basic Pastry)-
- Get Curry Puff Filling
- Get 2 cups peeled & finely diced potatoes
- Take 2 cups minced chicken
- Get 1 cup finely chopped brown/yellow onion
- Prepare 1 tbsp finely minced/chopped garlic
- Make ready 1 tbsp chili powder
- Take 1 tbsp meat curry powder (Baba's)
- Take 1 tsp KEEN'S curry powder (see pic - optional)
- Get 1 tbsp chicken seasoning powder
- Take to taste Salt
- Get to taste Pepper
- Make ready Peanut/vegetable oil (cooking)
- Prepare Curry Puff Skin
- Take 500 g plain flour
- Make ready 100 g rice flour
- Prepare 100 g tapioca flour
- Make ready 200 g margarine/butter
- Take 250-300 ml water
- Take Oil for frying
Instructions to make Curry Puff (Basic Pastry)-
- Curry Puff Filling - Heat up wok over medium high heat and pour enough oil to cook curry puff filling. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add finely diced potato and minced chicken. Cook and stir over medium high heat. Add chilli & curry powder. Add the remaining ingredients and keep stirring. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Simmer until lightly dry and potatoes are soft. Turn off the heat & leave aside to cool.
- Curry puff skin - Rubbing method. Rub plain flour, rice flour, tapioca flour & butter until well mixed & resemble bread crumbs. Then add water in few additions, stop adding water once you have pliable dough. Avoid over knead the pastry. Roll out dough into desired thickness (3mm thick) and then cut into round shape. Wrap up the filling & fold into the shape of curry puff. Pinch the edge of curry puff & twist it to seal (We use curry puff mould).
- Tip for step 2 👉🏻 Use food processor instead of the rubbing method. Just pulse the dry ingredients and butter for curry puff skin until it resembles bread crumbs. Then, add enough water to form a pliable dough.
- Heat up oil for deep frying. (Always use enough oil for frying so you ll have crispy curry puffs). Deep fry until golden brown. We usually make these in big batch. We Half bake them & leave them to cool completely before refrigerate. Fry the next day or after. Alternatively these puffs can be stored in the freezer and last for months. Just half bake them, always leave them to cool completely before storing, in the fridge or freezer. No thawing needed when frying the ones from the freezer.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you currently are eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. As you can see, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food curry puff (basic pastry) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!