Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, sweet dumplings (kaimati). One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sweet dumplings (Kaimati) is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Sweet dumplings (Kaimati) is something which I have loved my whole life.
Have you ever wanted to make these sweet dumplings but just didn't know where yo start from? Recipe (In English) HOW TO MAKE SWEET DUMPLINGS.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have sweet dumplings (kaimati) using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet dumplings (Kaimati)-
- Get For the batter
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Prepare 1/2 grated potato
- Prepare 1 tbls sugar
- Prepare 1 tsp instant yeast
- Take 1 tbls ghee
- Prepare 3/4 cup water
- Make ready For the sugar syrup
- Take 1 cup sugar
- Make ready 3/4 cup water
- Make ready 1/2 tbls crushed cardamom
- Make ready 1 squeeze lime
Steps to make Sweet dumplings (Kaimati)-
- To make the syrup, pan roast the cardamom seeds for a minute or so to release it’s flavours and set aside
- In a heavy bottom pot, over high heat bring the rest of the syrup ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, add the cardamom and simmer the syrup until it just starts to thicken (it should resemble the consistency of maple syrup). Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before mixing with the dumplings
- For the dumplings, mix in all the ingredients until well combined. Using your hand, beat the batter for 2-3 minutes (this process creates a kneading effect). The batter should be thick and sticky.
- Cover the batter and allow to rise for 45 mins to an hour
- Once batter has risen to double the size, set aside to cook
- Heat some oil in a deep fryer/frying pan over high heat. Using the tips of your fingers, scoop about a tsp of the batter into the oil. In between each scoop, dip your fingers in cold water so as to avoid the batter sticking to your fingers while dropping in the oil.
- Continue dropping dollops of the batter into the oil but do not overcrowd the fryer. Cook the dumplings until they are golden brown
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the dumplings and directly dip in the sugar syrup. Coat the dumplings well with the syrup and transfer to a serving dish
- Continue the frying and sugaring process until the batter is finished
- Set dumplings aside to cool
- Serve as a dessert or with afternoon tea
These changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time. As you can see, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
In this video, we show you a delicious Kalimati Recipe. Have you ever wanted to make these sweet dumplings but just didn't know where yo start from? Here is a quick very simple step by step recipe of the. Recipe (In English) HOW TO MAKE SWEET DUMPLINGS. One of the most famous delicacies of the coast of Kenya (and most parts of East Africa) are these crunchy dumplings in a sweet sugar syrup known as kaimati or kalimati. Shuna's Kitchen People & Blogs kaimati sweet mitai Ramadhan deserts kalimati kaimati za Shira shunaskitchen shuna vitu vya sukari kitu cha sukari sweet snacks fried sweet. Serve your Kaimati with hot tea, fresh cold juice or a cup of coffee. So go ahead and treat your family to this sweet snack. I guarantee you that it will be all smiles. Daisy Chepkoech is a Freelance Blog. Kaimati are sweet Kenyan dumplings consisting of flour, water, yogurt, yeast, and ghee. The dough is fried in oil until golden brown, then coated in sugar syrup made with sugar, water, lemon rinds.. Sweet dumplings(kaimati)#kidsrecipcontest. white flour, margarine, yeast, water, cardamon powder, tea cup sugar, tea cup water, Oil for deep frying. The Best Sweet Dumplings Recipes on Yummly Germknodel Sweet Dumplings, Chinese Pork Dumplings, Puff Pastry Apple Dumplings. Sweet Dumplings English Language Easy Way To Make Sweet Dumplings Luqaimat Kalimati Kaimati. The trick to a no-fail sweet dumplings recipe is to use that which will give small, tasteful bites that are soft in the inside and crispy brown on the outside. Arabic Sweet Dumplings Recipe Light Bhe Taste Bhe Easy Bhe Kaimati Luqaimat Khalida Kitchen. Luqaimat, a puffy sweet fried dumpling dipped in honey or syrup, is a firm favourite in our household during Ramadhan, the Amongst the Swahili people of Kenya and Tanzania, they are called kaimati. Kaimati is one of the most popular street foods in Kenya.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food sweet dumplings (kaimati) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!