Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, mike's spicy green chile chicken stew. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Spicy Green Chile Chicken Stew is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Mike's Spicy Green Chile Chicken Stew is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have mike's spicy green chile chicken stew using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Spicy Green Chile Chicken Stew-
- Get ● For The Proteins
- Prepare 2 Pounds Hand Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- Make ready ● For The Vegetables & Fluids
- Get 56 oz Hot Hatch Green Chilies
- Get 3 Or 4 Idaho Potatoes [cubed]
- Prepare 1 Can ROTELL Tomatoes
- Make ready 1 Pound Canned Tomatillos [hand crushed]
- Make ready 1 Bunch Cilantro Leaves [rough chopped]
- Get 3 LG Jalapenos [deseeded - rough chopped]
- Take 1 Green Bell Pepper [deseeded - rough chopped]
- Take 2 Sweet Spanish Onions [rough chopped]
- Make ready 2 Cans Chicken Broth [reserve 1 for finish to thin if needed]
- Get ● For The Seasonings
- Take 2 tbsp Ground Cumin [divided]
- Take 1 tbsp Green Chili Powder
- Take 2 tbsp Fine Minced Garlic
- Make ready 1 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Make ready 1 tsp Sea Salt [or to taste]
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Epazote Herb
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Crushed Mexican Oregano
- Prepare ● For The Slurry [to thicken soup into a stew]
- Make ready 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- Make ready 2 tbsp Water
- Get ● For The Sides [as needed]
- Prepare Warm Flour Tortillas
- Prepare Fresh Tortilla Chips
- Prepare Leaves Fresh Cilantro
Instructions to make Mike's Spicy Green Chile Chicken Stew-
- Here's the bulk of what you'll need.
- Rough chop your vegetables and herbs. Add 1 can chicken broth, green chilies and seasonings. Mix well and simmer all for 45 minutes.
- Or, feel free to cheat with preshreadded rotisserie chicken.
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot.
- Add your potatoes and extra can of broth if needed. Simmer for 35 minutes.
- Create your slurry, if desired, to thicken. Make sure your pot is simmering on high. Slowly add a bit of your slurry and mix fast. Within a minute you'll know how thick she's become. Add more if you want her thicker.
- Serve with warm, fresh flour tortillas and tortilla chips.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food mike's spicy green chile chicken stew recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!