Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, potato wedges or jojo potatoes. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook potato wedges or jojo potatoes using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Wedges or JoJo Potatoes-
- Make ready Russet potatoes
- Make ready Self rising flour or All purpose works fine also
- Prepare 2 teaspoons Onion powder
- Prepare 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- Make ready to taste Salt and pepper
- Take To taste Paprika
- Make ready Oil for frying
Instructions to make Potato Wedges or JoJo Potatoes-
- Wash desired amounts of potatoes. I usually use 5 or 6 large ones, this makes quite a few.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Place flat side down on surface and still cutting lengthwise, cut 4 to 5 slices in each half. You can make thick or thin slices depending on your taste. Mine are usually medium thickness.
- After you have sliced all the potatoes to desired thickness and wedges, soak in cold water while preparing flour mixture and heating oil.
- In large bowl, mix flour and seasonings together. Use your own judgement on how much to add. I like more salt and pepper ratio and less garlic. But you can add really any seasoning you like.
- Heat oil in deep fryer or deep pan with enough oil to fry potatoes like deep frying. Do not over crowd. I cook mine at 350 degrees or like you would French fries.
- Toss potatoes wedges in flour mixture until evenly coated. Shake off excess flour and drop carefully into hot oil in small batches. They need room to move around plus if over crowded it drops temp of oil.
- Cook in batches until golden brown and they float. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with additional seasonings you like if you prefer.
- Serve hot with dipping sauces or as a side. I hope you enjoy these -)
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. While you may already consume lots of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food potato wedges or jojo potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!