Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, thai inspired cashew chicken with chilli. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Thai Inspired Cashew Chicken With Chilli is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Thai Inspired Cashew Chicken With Chilli is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have thai inspired cashew chicken with chilli using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Inspired Cashew Chicken With Chilli-
- Prepare 1 chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces,
- Take 3 spring onions, sliced lengthways, finely,
- Get 1/2 an onion, chopped into chunky bite sized pieces,
- Prepare 1 handful long green or red finger/Thai chillies, stems removed,
- Take 20 g (a small handful) unsalted natural cashew nuts,
- Make ready Dried whole red Birdseye chillies, to taste, (I used 1/2 tbsp),
- Take 1.5 tbsp cornflour,
- Prepare 1 generous pinch white pepper,
- Make ready Cooking oil, vegetable or sunflower recommended
- Make ready For the sauce-
- Make ready 3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed,
- Take 1 tsp dark soft brown sugar,
- Get 1 tbsp light soy sauce,
- Get 1 heaped tsp quality oyster sauce, (I used Lee Kum Lee),
- Get 1 tsp dark soy sauce,
- Take 1 tsp fish sauce,
- Get 4 tbsp water,
- Take Serving suggestion-
- Get Boiled/steamed white rice
Steps to make Thai Inspired Cashew Chicken With Chilli-
- Heat around 1cm of cooking oil up in a wok. Once nice and hot fry the cashew nuts first, for around 1 minute until golden brown then remove using a slotted spoon and leave upon some kitchen towel to remove any excess oil. Next fry the fresh finger chillies, only do this for around 15-20 seconds until the skin blisters then remove. After add in the dried Birdseye chillies. Fry in the hot oil for around 15 seconds then remove and place into the kitchen towel.
- Now take the chicken pieces and dredge it in the cornflour and a good pinch of white pepper until completely coated in a thin layer. Fry the chicken pieces until completely cooked through and the outside golden and nice and crispy. Test a larger piece by slicing into it to make sure it's not pink, then remove from the wok and lay on kitchen towel to remove any excess oil.
- Make up the sauce by combining all of the ingredients listed under 'sauce' in the ingredients list. Stir until smooth.
- Drain off any tainted oil from the wok and leave enough to coat the base, enough for frying, add a touch more if needed. Add in the onions and spring onions and stir fry whilst tossing everything around for about 2-3 minutes. The key is to move the ingredients around the wok continuously, so nothing catches or burns. Now add in the sauce and quickly coat all the ingredients. Allow the sauce to reduce and thicken slightly. This will only take around 20 seconds.
- Re-add the fried cashews and chillies and then the chicken pieces. Toss everything together in the wok working quickly so the chicken stays crispy. Serve up and enjoy with your choice of side! -)
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. It may be that you already believe that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. As you can see, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food thai inspired cashew chicken with chilli recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!