Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, mandys christmas soup. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have mandys christmas soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mandys Christmas soup-
- Take 4 tbsp oil
- Prepare 2 lb turkey (i'm using leftovers from christmas)
- Get 2 lb ham (using leftover from christmas dinner)
- Get 3 cubes vegetable /or chicken stock/bullion
- Take 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks or slices
- Make ready 2 large onion, chopped
- Prepare 4 stick celery, washed and chopped
- Get 2 tbsp each of fresh thyme, sage and parsley
- Make ready 2 dry bay leaves
- Make ready salt and pepper
- Prepare 100 grams soften butter
- Get 100 grams plain flour
- Take 5 pints cold water
- Prepare 2 cup frozen peas
Steps to make Mandys Christmas soup-
- Chop turkey, ham, carrots, onions, celery and fresh herbs - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/426434-mandys-boiled-ham
- In a large stock pot add 4 tablespoons of oil gently heat. Add chopped veg and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add fresh herbs and bay leaves saute for 2 minutes
- Add stock cubes, turkey and ham. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl blend butter and flour into a roux to thicken soup once veg is cooked to fork tender (10 minutes)
- Gradually add some for the roux and cook until u get the thickness u like. You may need more or less it's Ur choice. (keep stirring until the roux blends into soup)
- Add two cups of frozen peas, season with salt and pepper, cooking for a further 5 minutes then serve with some crusty brown soda bread - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/354442-mandys-grandmothers-famous-irish-brown-soda-bread
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. Although you may already consume a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food mandys christmas soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!